Ever considered breaking into the oven services sector? Although it’s often overlooked as an aspect of the cleaning industry, it can offer fantastic returns for investors who choose to make the leap. Here’s what a day in the life of an oven cleaning franchise unit owner could entail.
Recently, the cleaning industry has seen incredible growth in the UK - and not only because of the Covid-19 pandemic. In fact, over the past three years, the domestic cleaning sector has expanded by 91 percent, and the market is now valued at over £2.8 billion (Ovenclean).
Across Great Britain, there are more than 27 million households, all of which will require oven cleaning services at some point, and many of which will hire a professional to do the job.
>> Read more:
A day in the oven cleaning sector
Here are some of the main tasks you can expect to complete on a daily basis if you invest in an oven cleaning franchise:
- Managing your work schedule - Many franchises give their investors the option to arrange their own timetable. You’ll need to dedicate some of your day to organising your diary and making sure you maximise your income while leaving enough time to complete jobs to a high standard.
- Travelling to clients - Most oven cleaning franchises are mobile businesses and franchisees manage them from home. As a result, you’re likely to spend a high proportion of your time driving to customers’ properties. If you’ve got a branded vehicle, you’ll also be able to promote your business while you’re out and about - an added bonus.
- Pursuing leads - As the manager of your own oven cleaning franchise unit, you must spend a fair amount of time following leads and answering customer enquiries, either by email or over the phone. One way to boost your earnings is to work with local estate agencies. It’s likely they’ll be in contact with a high number of landlords who require oven cleaning services on a regular basis.
- Managing marketing campaigns - While your franchisor will almost certainly carry out some form of regional or nationwide promotional activity to benefit the brand as a whole, you’ll be responsible for local advertisements. As part of this task, you should keep your website up to date and post regularly on social media. You could also collect customer testimonials to help build trust with potential clients.
- Researching industry trends - Any successful franchisee makes sure they are always aware of the latest trends to hit the sector. Whether it’s changing customer demand or new products reaching the market, you should know about any developments and respond with plans to incorporate them into your business if necessary.
Advantages of joining the oven cleaning sector
- Your services will always be in demand - People will always need to clean their ovens, so you should be kept busy.
- You can gain repeat business - By doing a great job and developing a relationship with your clients, you can boost your chances of being hired on a regular basis.
- You can operate from a van - As an oven cleaning franchise business, you won’t need to rent expensive high street premises, so you’ll be able to save a significant amount of money.
Read our article, 6 Advantages Of Running An Oven Cleaning Franchise, to find out about the other benefits of becoming a franchisee in this sector and get an overview of the industry.
Challenges of joining the oven cleaning sector
- Customers will expect a high-quality service - Oven cleaning is a difficult task, but you need to deliver on your promises if you claim to be able to do it. Usually, franchisors provide their investors with the tools they’ll need to do a perfect job.
- It involves physical work - Cleaning months’ or years’ worth of grime from the inside of an oven can take a lot of effort. So, you should be prepared to get your hands dirty and find satisfaction in hard work. Alternatively, some oven cleaning franchises offer investors the chance to work as a business manager, hiring contractors to do the manual work on their behalf.
- You must be able to distinguish your business from the competition - Most franchises will have developed a proven business model with the ability to dominate a market. But it’s worth keeping the competition in mind when you choose a franchise opportunity. Does it have a unique selling point, such as an eco-friendly product range or one-hour call-out service?
Become a franchisee in the oven cleaning sector
Here is just one of the oven cleaning franchise opportunities available to investors at the moment:
Ovenu has an extensive network of over 100 highly trained oven cleaning franchisees all over the UK. Since the brand’s launch in 1994, it has expanded into countries including France, Spain, Australia and the US.
- Becoming an Ovenu franchisee: When you join Ovenu, you’ll need to buy your own van and choose between the business’s two available franchise packages.
- How much you need to invest: The standard franchise package costs £15,900 +VAT and comes with a large, exclusive territory from day one. If you have a smaller budget, you could opt for the Easy Reach Franchise package, which costs £9,950 +VAT but includes a slightly smaller territory.
- What you get for your investment: Regardless of your chosen package, you’ll receive a five-day induction course, all the tools and equipment you’ll need and enough products to last the first three months of trading. You’ll also get branding for your van, branded workwear and a personalised website. Also, national marketing campaigns will help you develop a customer base.
>> Read more:
- Franchising 101: The Official Franchise Start Up Checklist (Part 1)
- Franchising 101: The Official Franchise Start Up Checklist (Part 2)
- New Year, New Career: No Better Time Than Now to Start a Franchise Today
- Franchising 101: 8 Signs You're Ready to Start a Franchise
- Starting a New Business Doesn't Always Lead to Immediate Success: Here Are 5 Ways to Change That
- It's Never Too Late to Start a New Business
Get cracking today
You might be surprised by the number of successful businesses offering oven cleaning services. Whether you’re interested in domestic cleaning franchises or commercial kitchen cleaning businesses, there are investment options for you. Browse our selection of oven cleaning franchises looking for new investors to get started.
Alice Tuffery, Point Franchise ©