Shoryu Ramen franchiseIt’s in our bones
Shoryu is a UK-leading fast-casual ramen bar specialising in high quality, authentic Hakata tonkotsu ramen.
Average floor space:
1,500 sq ft
About Shoryu Ramen
Join the No. 1 Ramen Franchise in Europe
Shoryu Ramen is a Japanese fast-casual concept selling high quality, authentic tonkotsu ramen noodles. Unique in the UK franchise market, the quality of its food and has been recognised and recommended by critics, media and from across the sector from The Michelin Guide, The Guardian, and The Times to Timeout.
Shoryu Ramen’s centralised kitchen and distribution facilities located in North West London, allow the franchise operation to be half the size of a typical casual dining restaurant, all maintaining product consistency, quality and reducing labour costs.
The increasingly popularity of Japanese ramen and cuisine, combined with its smart business model, make Shoryu Ramen the most appealing franchise offer on the UK market today.
The advantages of the Shoryu's franchise:
- enormous market opportunity fuelled by the trend towards healthier lifestyles and more authentic dining experiences
- great brand enjoying tremendous reputation with consumers and the property community
- average £30k+ turnover per week (2018)
- uncomplicated business model: half the size of a casual dining operation
- owned and supported by established international companies running 1,800 F&B outlets and a £2mn central production and distribution facility in London.
- providing outstanding support to franchisees: constant menu innovation, national supply chain, national and local marketing & PR support and franchisee training and development.
Training and support provided
Initial Back Up and Support
To help its franchisees hit the ground running, Shoryu is committed to providing a truly comprehensive support package from the outset:
- 4 weeks training at its existing restaurants
- 3 weeks opening assistance at the franchisee's location
- Provision of a comprehensive franchise manual
- Assistance with restaurant layout definition
- Provision of equipment specs and schedule
- Optimised supply lines for both food ingredients and crockery
- Assistance with property search and lease acquisition - Provision of a location report based on local demographics data
- Coordination of the first restaurant launch campaign
- A new franchise opening will see each Head of Department - operations, IT, marketing, supply chain - directly involved in overseeing the project with their team.
To ensure its franchisees are successful, Shoryu will continue to support them every step of the way with:
- Continuous menu development
- Organisation of group purchasing schemes
- Introduction of nominated suppliers
- Ongoing analysis of the key performance indicatorfor each franchise business
- Ongoing updating of the Operations Manual
- Updating and maintenance of third-party and in-house EPOS systems
- Availability of telephone advice and guidance from a Shoryu Franchise Manager
- National marketing and PR planning
- Development and updating of branded promotional materials
- Design and availability of marketing campaigns that help to build repeat customer business
- Maintenance of a quality website and social media to include regular updates of franchise partner information
- The organisation of a periodic conference as an occasion to provide recognition and motivation to all franchise partners
- Regular monthly and quarterly visits to franchised outlets for review and planning
The ideal Shoryu Ramen franchisee
As part of its expansion strategy, Shoryu is looking for motivated partners who have the experience and resources to build the Shoryu business in Central London and across the rest of the UK in accordance with an agreed development schedule.
Start a Shoryu Franchise
It's ramen time
- Trendy and fast-growing cuisine
- Signature dish increasingly popular with consumers and landlords
- Brand leader in the ramen segment
A solid franchisor
- Backed by large international restaurant companies
- Part-owned by the biggest Japanese food wholesaler in the UK
- Seasoned and competent leadership team with extensive franchise experience
A strong business model
- Healthy average unit volume and operating cost
- Efficient and systemised operation not requiring high labour requirements and rare restaurant skills
- Uncomplicated, vertically integrated supply chain
- Award-winning restaurant design
- Powerful marketing and PR activity
- Robust UK market track-record in both London and provinces
- Excellent ROI potential
Shoryu Ramen's history
Since its inception in 2012, Shoryu has become the nation's favourite ramen bar, successfully operating in a variety of locations and footprints throughout the UK and internationally.
Shoryu Ramen specialises in Hakata tonkotsu ramen from the Hakata district of Fukuoka city on the southern island of Kyushu, Japan. Hakata tonkotsu ramen is a style of ramen made with a thick, rich, white pork soup and thin, straight ramen noodles.
Our Hakata tonkotsu ramen recipe has been specially created by our Executive Chef Kanji Furukawa who was born and raised in Hakata, to provide the UK with highly crafted, genuine tonkotsu rarely found outside Japan. Shoryu's owner Tak Tokumine is also a native of Fukuoka city and along with Kanji is dedicated to championing his hometown’s local speciality.
Hakata native turned Londoner, Tak conceived London's most loved Japanese food hall, Japan Centre in 1976 after settling in the UK. Fast forward to 2012, he saw London's appetite for Japanese food was becoming more sophisticated and there was an opening for a Hakata style ramen bar. This inspiration helped revolutionise the Japanese offering in London's dining scene. Tak's determination and love for his hometown's speciality has helped Shoryu flourish into the ramen powerhouse it is today.
"I am proud of my hometown's tonkotsu ramen and passionate about our traditional cooking, so naturally I am very excited to bring it from Hakata to the good people of the UK."
Latest news from
Shoryu Ramen releases DIY kits
Shoryu Ramen rolls out DIY kits and delivery so lucky Londoners can get an authentic tonkotsu fix at home. Many of us have probably attempted [...]Read more
Shoryu Ramen unveils Valentine’s Day menu
Shoryu Ramen has curated its very own ‘dates & mates’ menu for customers to enjoy a delicious meal in great company. The ramen franchise, [...]Read more
Shoryu franchise makes its way across the globe
The authentic and high-quality Japanese food franchise is set to expand and open up more branches not only in the UK but across the rest of [...]Read more
Shoryu Ramen teams up to sow its seeds
Shoryu Ramen has announced it’s teamed up with Seeds Consulting for a franchise programme partnership that will help the Japanese brand grow [...]Read more
Shoryu Ramen brings tasty treats to Point Franchise
Shoryu Ramen comes to Point Franchise – let’s learn more about the exciting franchise opportunity … Point Franchise is thrilled to welcome [...]Read more