Shoryu Ramen franchiseIt’s in our bones
Shoryu is the UK’s leading fast-casual ramen bar specialising in high quality, authentic Hakata tonkotsu ramen.
Average floor space:
1,500 sq ft
About Shoryu Ramen
Join the UK’s No. 1 Authentic Ramen Franchise
Shoryu Ramen is a Japanese fast-casual concept selling high quality, authentic tonkotsu ramen noodles. Unique in the UK franchise market, the quality of its food has been recognised and recommended by critics, media and from across the sector from The Michelin Guide, The Guardian, and The Times to Timeout.
Shoryu Ramen’s centralised kitchen and distribution facilities located in North West London, allow the franchise operation to be half the size of a typical casual dining restaurant, all maintaining product consistency, quality and reducing labour costs.
The increasing popularity of Japanese ramen and cuisine, combined with its smart business model, make Shoryu Ramen a most appealing franchise offer in today’s market.
The advantages of the Shoryu franchise:
- enormous market opportunity fuelled by the trend towards healthier lifestyles and more authentic dining experiences
- great brand enjoying tremendous reputation with consumers and the property community – 10 years proven track record in the UK
- average £30k+ turnover per week (2021)
- uncomplicated business model: half the size of a casual dining operation
- owned and supported by established international companies running 1,800 F&B outlets and a £2mn central production and distribution facility in London.
- providing outstanding support to franchisees: constant menu innovation, national supply chain, national and local marketing & PR support and franchisee training and development.
Training and support provided
Initial Back Up and Support
To help its franchisees hit the ground running, Shoryu is committed to providing a truly comprehensive support package from the outset:
- 4 weeks training at its existing restaurants
- 3 weeks opening assistance at the franchisee's location
- Provision of comprehensive franchise Build and Operating manuals
- Assistance with restaurant layout definition
- Provision of equipment specs and schedule
- Optimised supply lines for food ingredients, brand decor and tableware
- Assistance with property search and lease acquisition - Provision of a location report based on local demographics data
- Coordination of the first restaurant launch campaign
- A new franchise opening will see each Head of Department - operations, IT, marketing, supply chain - directly involved in overseeing the project with their team.
To ensure its franchisees are successful, Shoryu will continue to support them every step of the way with:
- Continuous menu development
- Organisation of group purchasing schemes
- Introduction of nominated suppliers
- Ongoing analysis of the key performance indicators for each franchise business
- Ongoing updating of the Operations Manual
- Updating and maintenance of third-party and in-house EPOS systems
- Availability of telephone advice and guidance from a Shoryu Franchise Manager
- National marketing and PR planning
- Development and updating of branded promotional materials
- Design and availability of marketing campaigns that help to build repeat customer business
- Maintenance of a quality website and social media to include regular updates of franchise partner information
- Regular monthly and quarterly visits to franchised outlets for purposes of audit, review and planning
The ideal Shoryu Ramen franchisee
As part of its expansion strategy, Shoryu is looking for motivated partners who have the experience and resources to build the Shoryu business in Greater London and across the rest of the UK in accordance with an agreed development schedule.
- Excellence in business operations
- Passion for hospitality & restaurants
- Experience of quality F&B operations (not necessarily Japanese)
- Clear understanding of Shoryu concept & brand
- Understanding of Japanese Food & Culture
- Access to funding for the business venture
- Ability to build/utilise a team to deliver first site
- Entrepreneurial, but willing to work within confines of brand standards
- Compatible personalities and business ethics to the Shoryu brand
- Desire to expand beyond one restaurant location
Start a Shoryu Franchise
It's ramen time
- On-trend and fast-growing cuisine style
- Signature dish increasingly popular with consumers and landlords
- Brand leader in the ramen segment
- Appealing to wide range of consumers, including vegetarian and vegan diners
A solid franchisor
- Backed by large international restaurant companies
- Part-owned by the biggest Japanese food wholesaler in the UK
- Seasoned and competent leadership team with extensive franchise experience
A strong business model
- Healthy average unit volume and operating cost
- Efficient and systemised operation not requiring high labour requirements and rare restaurant skills
- Uncomplicated, vertically integrated supply chain
- Award-winning restaurant design
- Powerful marketing and PR activity
- Robust UK market track-record in both London and provinces
- Excellent ROI potential
Shoryu Ramen's history
Since its inception in 2012, Shoryu has become the nation's favourite ramen bar, successfully operating in a variety of locations and footprints throughout the UK.
Shoryu Ramen specialises in Hakata tonkotsu ramen from the Hakata district of Fukuoka city on the southern island of Kyushu, Japan. Hakata tonkotsu ramen is a style of ramen made with a thick, rich, white pork soup and thin, straight ramen noodles.
Our Hakata tonkotsu ramen recipe has been specially created by our Executive Chef Kanji Furukawa who was born and raised in Hakata, to provide the UK with highly crafted, genuine tonkotsu rarely found outside Japan. Shoryu's owner Tak Tokumine is also a native of Fukuoka city and along with Kanji is dedicated to championing his hometown’s local speciality.
Hakata native turned Londoner, Tak conceived London's most loved Japanese food hall, Japan Centre in 1976 after settling in the UK. Fast forward to 2012, he saw London's appetite for Japanese food was becoming more sophisticated and there was an opening for a Hakata style ramen bar. This inspiration helped revolutionise the Japanese offering in London's dining scene. Tak's determination and love for his hometown's speciality has helped Shoryu flourish into the ramen powerhouse it is today.
"I am proud of my hometown's tonkotsu ramen and passionate about our traditional cooking, so naturally I am very excited to bring it from Hakata to the good people of the UK."
Latest news from
Shoryu Ramen Opens first UK Franchise Restaurant
Shoryu Ramen Opens first UK Franchise Restaurant Acclaimed Japanese ramen brand Shoryu Ramen will open its first UK [...]Read more
Shoryu Ramen’s DIY kits now available on Ocado
The popular noodle bar chain was thrilled to announce the exciting news over on Facebook, and DIY Shoryu Kits are now easier for customers to [...]Read more
Shoryu Ramen teams up with Ford Consultancy Group
The food franchise was delighted to announce recently that it has joined forces with Ford Consultancy Group to develop its franchise rollout [...]Read more
Shoryu Ramen releases food kit delivery dates
Shoryu Ramen has introduced a special gift for fans of authentic Japanese cuisine this Christmas, with its DIY Shoryu Kit, available for [...]Read more
Shoryu Ramen releases DIY kits
Shoryu Ramen rolls out DIY kits and delivery so lucky Londoners can get an authentic tonkotsu fix at home. Many of us have probably attempted [...]Read more
Shoryu Ramen unveils Valentine’s Day menu
Shoryu Ramen has curated its very own ‘dates & mates’ menu for customers to enjoy a delicious meal in great company. The ramen [...]Read more