Did you know that there were 140,000 "ghost children" who were severely absent - meaning they missed at least 50 per cent of possible school sessions - in summer 2022*.
Some people in the education sector are saying this is the start of a new crisis in education as so many children are now falling desperately behind in their curriculum.
It is probably no surprise, then, that Choice Home Tutoring has seen a huge uptake in the number of enquiries from schools and parents looking for help from professional tutors to meet this shortfall. In response, the team at Choice are launching a whole new specialist service and website portal dedicated to helping with this huge rise in demand for home-schooling.
There were 517,000 children and young people with Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans as at January 2023. This is an increase of 9% from 473,300 as at January 2022. This follows similar increases in recent years. # They will have access to special funding to allow them to hire accredited tutors. It promises to be a huge new area of business for Choice Home Tutoring franchisees which will form a fantastic new source of revenue, as well as help them to help some of the children most in need in their local communities.
How do Choice Home Tutoring franchisees make their money?
As a Choice Home Tutoring franchisee, you will find your customer all across your local community and be able to enjoy revenue from a great number of sources. In the light of this new demand, it is worth recapping where most franchisees’ business comes from:
- 1-2-1 tuition at home or online. For a variety of different purposes, and working directly with local children and parents to achieve set goals.
- Schools & agencies. Helping deliver the curriculum, provide extra tuition through the National Tutoring Programme, or fill gaps in staffing at schools.
- Revision workshops. Particularly in the run-up to exams, or at weekends or during the summer holidays.
- English as a second language. Helping non-native speakers improve their English and keep up with their classmates.
- Catching up on missed work. Usually due to illness, relocation, or other absences, including time lost during and after the pandemic.
These are the 5 main areas, but many franchisees also discover there are many more niche possibilities in their local community. For example, Choice Home Tutors in Manchester have been working with the Man U football academy to ensure children enrolled there are not missing out on the main curriculum. Or others who are going into local hospitals to provide essential education to sick children and prepare them for a return to school.
Having a business model which can tap into multiple revenue sources is the mark of a great franchise
In my experience, this is a hugely important plus when it comes to deciding which franchise opportunity is right for you. Compared to relying on just one source, you will be able to enjoy a much more robust business of your own which isn’t susceptible to down turns in any one particular area.
On top of that, the Choice Home Tutoring franchise is proving there is never any shortage of demand for its services!
If you’re interested in learning more about how it might work for you, why don’t we have a chat?
* taken from a report by the Centre for Social Justice (CSJ) thinktank, & from government statistics published in March 2023 (on which the CSJ’s report is based).
# explore-education-statistics.service.gov.uk-data-tables-permalink/f6903abe-6fff-49a6-96be-08db4628628e – dated 02-May-23
Press Release, Point Franchise ©