The franchise recently shared a video on social media highlighting all the industry changes and property developments that have occurred in the company’s lifetime, since it was founded in 1971 right up to now.
Century 21 is an award-winning global network of estate agents, and the property franchise has been helping customers in and beyond the UK to find their dream homes since 1971. In celebration of a successful first 50 years (and in the hope of 50 more to come), Century 21 recently shared a video exploring everything that had changed in the property space during those special 50 years:
- In 1971, while Disneyworld was first opening in Orlando, “the average house price was only £5632”
- In 1972, the same year as the “first gay pride march in London”, almost 46,000 council houses were “sold through the Right to Buy scheme”
- In 1977, the first Star Wars film was released in UK cinemas and the Protection from Eviction Act was introduced, “safeguarding tenants from unfair evictions”
- In 1980, while the Rubik's Cube was launching for the first time, 5,000,000 council house tenants in England and Wales were “given the Right to Buy” their homes
- In 1991, just “7% of the population rented their homes” and the Nirvana album “Nevermind” was released
- In 1995, alongside the launch of the Sony Playstation in the UK, “Arla introduced Buy to Let mortgages” to the market
- In 2005, the very first year that Love Island aired, home ownership rates peaked at “71%”
- In 2015, 10 years later, the “Deregulation Act [was] introduced, requiring landlords to provide gas safety and EPC certificates to tenants” while Tim Peake was arriving at the ISS
- In 2021, the here and now, Jason Kenney became “Britain’s most successful Olympian” and the UK hit a record number “of homes sold in a month since records began”
To join this thriving franchise network and celebrate another 50 years of success, you can become a Century 21 franchisee for a minimum initial investment of £10,000, with a total investment cost of £100,000. In return for your investment, you’ll be fully trained and offered all the franchisor support you require. Find out more about Century 21 via its profile page, which you’ll discover linked above.