If you’ve been feeling the itch to change up your career and try something brand new, investing in an established vending machine franchise might be the right move for you. There’s never been a better time to invest, but you might be wondering which vending machine businesses franchise in the UK. In this article, we outline some of the best options open to you right now.
There’s a plethora of choices available to you in the vending machine franchise sector. It is a highly profitable industry with great opportunities for growth and progression, so if you have ambitions to be your own boss and really kickstart your earning potential, maybe it’s time to make the move.
According to Cision, the global annual revenue of the vending machine industry is a whopping $18 billion. So when you become a vending machine franchisee, you can rest easy knowing you’ve joined a market that is lucrative and thriving.
If making a career change with a vending machine franchise is sounding more appealing by the minute, read on for all the information you’ll need about the best opportunities available in this sector in the UK.
>> Read more:
What is a vending machine business?
An important first step in your journey to becoming a profitable vending machine franchisee is understanding the business itself. You’ll want to understand just what a vending machine business is and how it operates day to day.
Vending machine businesses install vending machines and keep them stocked with produce. Some examples of products often sold in vending machines of various types include:
- Packets of crisps
- Chocolate bars
- Packets of sweets
- Bottled water
- Fizzy drinks
- Hot drinks
- Alcoholic drinks
- Ice cream
It is an incredibly popular market here in the UK. Over 7 billion different products are purchased from the UK’s diverse range of vending machines. This accounts for an overall profit of £1.5 billion - a truly astonishing figure.
One of the reasons that certain vending machine businesses are so successful is that they were quick to identify the value of placing vending machines in areas where customers are likely to use them. For example, at train or bus stations or in waiting rooms, people are likely to be seeking an easy grab and go type snack.
When you become part of an established vending machine franchise, you’ll enjoy the benefits of joining an already reputable brand and following their business model. As a vending machine franchisee, you might find yourself:
- Running a small cluster of vending machine units in your given territory
- Running a large number of vending machine units across a large territory or several different territories
- Running a vending machine business on a self employed basis, but with your franchisor behind you offering financial backing and support
There are also other versions of vending franchises that do not involve supplying and restocking vending machines. You might instead find yourself supplying products for traditional point of sale displays (such as the treats sold from displays in shopping centres or workplaces).
The top 2 vending machines franchises in the UK
Proud to be the leading Vending Tower Franchise in the UK and in Europe, if you’re serious about becoming a vending machine franchisee you couldn’t go far wrong with an investment in Tubz. Tubz specialises in helping aspiring franchisees to achieve their business ambitions, and by following a proven business model, you could be the next.
I have now worked with Tubz for just over a year and in that time have increased my number of towers from 10 to 40. One of the things I love is that I have built a good rapport with all of my customers… and have even gained a few extra sites through their recommendations and word of mouth. … The ongoing support from the Tubz team has been brilliant as always and I am looking forward to another successful year.
- Lorraine Church, Tubz franchisee
- Becoming a Tubz franchisee: The fantastic news is that you require absolutely no previous industry experience to become a Tubz franchisee. The franchise prides itself on using its wealth of knowledge to help any and all aspiring franchisees. You can choose between running a Tubz franchise on a full time or part time basis, and with only a little storage space required, it can even be run from your own home.
- How much you need to invest: In order to become a Tubz franchisee, you will need to make a minimum initial investment of £3,995 +VAT. There are no franchise fees, so your total investment cost merely comes to £3,995.
- What you get for your investment: In return for investing with Tubz, you will receive assistance from Dedicated Franchise Support Managers. You’ll also get a full guarantee on all your vending equipment, including a lifetime’s worth of free servicing. Every franchise package comes with qualified locations for your vending towers, plus full training and ongoing support - including 24/7 technical advice available online.
Part of the Delicious Ideas food group, Charisnack offers a wide selection of products for aspiring franchisees to sell from their eye-catching self-vending boxes. Products available to sell include crisps, healthy snacks and sweet treats - all with vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options. Franchisees can offer self-vending boxes tailor made to suit every customer’s needs.
- Becoming a Charisnack franchisee: Charisnack isn’t looking for someone who has previous industry experience. What it is looking for is someone who thrives on being out and about and enjoys meeting new people. It helps enormously to be self-motivated and enthusiastic too.
- How much you need to invest: In order to become a Charisnack franchisee, you will need to make a minimum initial investment of £2,799 +VAT.
- What you get for your investment: Once your franchise is launched, Charisnack will provide you with a full start up package supplying everything you’ll need for success - including comprehensive initial training, 7500 units of product to stock and even more.
>> Read more:
- 5 Advantages of Franchising for Young People
- 9 Things to Know Before Becoming a Franchisee
- Mythbusters: Common Misconceptions About What Makes a Successful Franchisee
- 5 Great Reasons to Become a Franchisee
- Franchising 101: Are You Ready to Become a Franchisee?
- Franchising 101: 6 Things to Know Before Becoming a Franchisee
Start running your own vending machine business today
Now you’re aware of the top vending machine franchises you can invest in right here in the UK, don’t stop doing research. Read up on tips for building a business plan for a vending machine franchise and tips for running a vending machine franchise. Before you know it, you’ll be up and running and enjoying all the advantages of running a vending machine franchise.
Hannah Burnett, Point Franchise ©