Operating in a dynamic and growing sector, an investment in Progressive Sports is a real opportunity. The franchise inspires children to get involved with sporting activities, simultaneously teaching kids new skills and raising their confidence levels. If you want to make a difference and an income, a career as a Progressive Sports franchisee might be ideal. But does the company franchise in the UK?
Progressive Sports is a thriving sports franchise, committed to providing kids from 3 to 13 with a quality physical education. Founded in 2006, the business has won numerous awards, and now has more than 17 operational franchise units, working with over 300 schools across the country. Could you be Progressive Sports’ next franchisee?
Does Progressive Sports franchise?
Yes, Progressive Sports does franchise in the UK. The business has actually been franchising in the UK since 2009, and now employs more than 200 physical activity professionals. If you’ve got the right skills and traits to your name, the franchise would be delighted to have you.
There is a very friendly atmosphere within the company, so whether you’re a franchisee or a part-time employee we want everybody to feel part of the family.
History of Progressive Sports
Originally founded in 2006 by Eddie Ray, Progressive Sports has come a long way. Eddie started the business back then because he was determined to offer parents and teachers a quality solution for the physical education of kids. He wanted to inspire and empower children in a way that allowed them all to find the fun in sports.
Since those early days, and after choosing to become a franchise in 2009, Progressive Sports has expanded and perfected its range of offerings to include everything from birthday party packages to holiday courses to dance lessons. Working with both the private and public sector, Progressive Sports delivers an average of 39,600 minutes of physical activity teaching a day across the UK.
>> Read more:
Progressive Sports is the proud winner of a number of awards, including a 2016 Annual Franchise Award for Best Customer Service and a 2012 London Business Award for Best New Business. The company also comes highly recommended by schools and parents who have experienced the hard work and dedication of a Progressive Sports team in action.
Progressive Sports have assessed the pupils’ abilities in differing skills and this has allowed us to create a programme of support to develop areas of weakness but also to extend and challenge our more able pupils.
—Rebecca Walker, Saints Federation Co-Head
This is an industry currently receiving government investment, and that’s just one of the reasons that starting a Progressive Sports franchise is a great idea. If you’re looking for a rewarding job that offers you complete flexibility and a huge amount of variety, Progressive Sports might be the perfect fit.
Starting a Progressive Sports franchise
The kids sports sector is continuing to grow as time goes on, and parents are now willing to spend up to £28,000 on childhood extracurricular activities [Out of School, Out of Pocket]. Here’s what you need to know if you’re thinking about franchising with Progressive Sports.
>> Read more:
- 5 Advantages of Running a Sports, Fitness or Gym Franchise
- The Best Around-The-Clock Fitness Franchises in the UK
- How to Start Your Own Outdoor Fitness Business
- Q&A: Does Planet Fitness Franchise in the UK?
- Sector Spotlight: The CEOs Whipping the Sports, Fitness, and Gym Industry Into Tip-Top Shape
- 6 Tips for Building a Business Plan for a Successful Sports, Fitness, or Gym Franchise
Becoming a Progressive Sports franchisee
To become a Progressive Sports franchisee, you don’t need any previous experience in the sector. Instead, the ideal Progressive Sports franchising candidate should be:
- Enthusiastic and driven to succeed
- Well-organised and dedicated to the role
- Interested in working with kids
- Passionate about the Progressive Sports mission
- Not afraid to work hard
- Good at managing others and running a business
- Good at communicating with others and being friendly and personable
If these criteria sound like your cup of tea, you’d likely be the perfect Progressive Sports franchisee.
How much do you need to invest?
The investment you’d need to make in Progressive Sports would depend on the type of package that you selected. There are three packages for investors to choose between:
- The Petite Franchise Package, perfect for those who prefer a hands-on approach and like to do the hands-on work themselves. To invest at this level, you’ll need to put in £9,950.
- The Standard Package, a happy medium between full blown management and an owner-operated unit. To invest at this level, you’ll need to put in £13,950.
- The Premium Package, ideal for those searching for a management-level opportunity. To invest at this level, you’ll need to put in £18,950.
Progressive Sports doesn’t charge its franchisees any monthly or ongoing costs, and the expected revenue for franchisees after two years is £120,000. If you’re struggling to find the funding, be aware that most banks in the UK will loan franchise investors between 50-70% of start-up costs.
You will have a number of income streams that will offer you revenue all year round, which all offer high repeat business and have consistent gross profit margins of between 30-40%. The market value of a Progressive Sports Franchise is between £1-1.5 million dependant on the size of the territory.
What do you get for your investment?
Once you’ve made your investment with Progressive Sports, you’ll be entitled to a wide range of training and support, including:
- Comprehensive training (initial training, specific training, ongoing training courses and webinars, annual franchise training)
- Continued support from your franchisor, your fellow franchisees, and a help-desk
- Access to a portfolio of key partners
- Access to apprentices
- Payment of license fees
- A detailed operational manual and a comprehensive business information pack (including all session plans)
- A launch kit (containing advertising templates, brochures, leaflets and mailers)
- On-site assistance following the launch
- Provision of sports equipment, corporate clothing, business stationery and internal forms
- Regular one-to-one franchisor visits
- Invitations to business growth days
- Sports programme development support
- Website presence management
- Provision of marketing strategies and materials (and inclusion in marketing campaigns)
Whether it’s marketing support, financial planning, or operational support, there’s always been someone at the end of a phone. I now have a team of over 10 staff, servicing 30+ schools and growing a reputation - I couldn’t have done this without the support from Head Office.
— Adam Holland, Progressive Sports Derbyshire & Nottingham Franchisee
Inspire children to get active
A role with Progressive Sports could be both lucrative and fulfilling, combining financial success with the chance to teach and inspire the younger generation to live healthier, happier lives. If you’re interested, don’t hesitate to find out more. If you’d like to make an investment in the world of franchising, explore Point Franchise’s UK franchise directory to discover the wide range of options and sectors available to you.
Cara Squires, Point Franchise ©