With lots of children back to school across the UK and education being a focus on many minds, now may be the perfect time to join one of the top tutoring franchises in the UK.
Students haven’t had an easy time as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. They already experienced high levels of pressure to get the top grades that can secure them a place at colleges and universities. And now, thanks to them missing a significant chunk of their in-classroom time last term, many will need to rely on some extra help to get them back on track. The Sutton Trust suggests that over a quarter of secondary school students received private tuition at some stage over the past six months, and this figure increased to around 41 percent in London. Want to operate a profitable business with this high demand? Let’s consider three more reasons why starting a tutoring franchise makes smart business sense and run through the top opportunities on offer at the moment.
Reasons why creating a tutoring franchise is a great idea
- It’s rewarding
One of the main reasons why entrepreneurs choose to enter the tutoring industry is because it’s an incredibly rewarding profession. Your business will shape the minds of young people, help them achieve their potential and actively support their journey to their dream career.
- You can offer your services virtually
As well as providing in-person tuition, you can offer virtual learning lessons. Due to the COVID-19 crisis, remote learning is likely to be a top priority to a lot of people for some time. The great thing about starting a business in the tutoring industry is that it works perfectly in the virtual world. By offering both face to face and online services you can expand your customer base and keep sales soaring.
- You can tutor topics you’re passionate about
There is a high demand for tutoring in a wide range of subjects, far from just Maths, English, and Science. By focussing on a topic/topics you are passionate about and have always dreamed of returning to later in life, you’re more likely to set yourself up for success.
>> Read more:
Top tutoring franchises in the UK
1. Tutor Doctor
Tutor Doctor is one of the leading tutoring franchises that offer one-on-one supplementary education to students and adults in the comfort of their homes.
- Becoming a Tutor Doctor franchisee: This home-based franchise has a low investment cost compared to other tutoring franchises, as you don’t need to rent out expensive facilities. As a franchisee, you’ll generate leads, visit potential clients and arrange for an appropriate tutor to provide the sessions.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need access to a total of £34,700.
- What you get for your investment: Just 17 percent of Tutor Doctor franchisees have prior experience in education, as Tutor Doctor can provide a comprehensive training scheme. Before you start, you will complete 80 hours of online learning. Then, you’ll spend seven days getting to grips with the business model. And when you’re up and running, you’ll benefit from annual conferences, a field coach, regional meetings and a weekly global franchisee call.
Kumon was founded 50 years ago and uses the ‘Kumon Method’ to help over four million students worldwide boost their grades.
- Becoming a Kumon franchisee: This franchise offers you the chance to buy into the world’s largest after-school education programme. To learn more and sign up, head to the Kumon profile page.
- How much you need to invest: Initial investment comes in at £3,000, and you should see a return of between £30,000 and £50,000 per year, depending on the size of your Kumon centre.
- What you get for your investment: Kumon runs a six-part training session dedicated to honing your business skills. You’ll benefit from Kumon’s wealth of experience in the sector, as well as its promotional campaigns and helpful resources.
3. First Class Learning
This tutoring franchise was founded in 2003 and offers a personalised learning experience in Maths and English for children of all ages. The brand has seen international success, and now has over 270 centres in the UK, as well as additional sites in Ireland, Spain, Australia and the Netherlands.
- Becoming a First Class Learning franchisee: When you join the franchise, you are free to run your classes wherever and whenever suits you. You can find out more on the First Class Learning page.
- How much you need to invest: To start your franchise unit, you’ll need to invest a minimum of £10,000.
- What you get for your investment: If you become a franchisee, you’ll be provided with an intensive two-day training course and access to a comprehensive bank of resources. You’ll also get ongoing support throughout your franchising journey.
4. Choice Home Tutoring
This is yet another exciting franchise opportunity in one of the UK’s fastest-growing and most lucrative sectors. Choice Home Tutoring provides private, one-to-one tuition to students in their own homes. Its main customer base is children; however, it does teach students of all ages and abilities.
- Becoming a Choice Home Tutoring franchisee: If you’re passionate about teaching you are encouraged to apply.
- How much you need to invest: To be accepted as a franchisee, you will need to make a minimum investment of £6,000 +VAT. The maximum investment is £17,500.
- What you get for your investment: Franchisees will attend initial training sessions at the head office to become more familiar with the software and day-to-day operations, as well as refresher training sessions and ongoing support when they are more established.
Mathnasium is an education centre that focuses on Maths tuition. It has developed a special teaching method that helps its students improve their grades, as well a build their confidence.
- Becoming a Mathnasium franchisee: The franchise is looking for people that are empathetic, compassionate and are genuinely dedicated to helping children.
- How much you need to invest: To be accepted you need to be able to invest a minimum of £24,000.
- What you get for your investment: You can benefit from a thorough training programme, 50 hours of online training materials, a Start-up Specialist, regional training, marketing materials and more.
6. Satchel Learning
Dreaming of a career you can count on? Look no further than Satchel Learning, the personalised maths and English tuition for children of all ages.
- Becoming a Satchel Learning franchisee: It is on the lookout for entrepreneurs that are hard-working and incredibly driven. You might already be a teacher, but this isn’t essential.
- How much you need to invest: The tutoring franchise asks that you make a total investment of £8,000.
- What you get for your investment: If you want to invest in a franchise that helps you every step of the way, from initial training to ongoing support, you won’t be disappointed by Satchel Leaning.
>> Read more:
This education franchise suits entrepreneurs that want to be able to invest in an opportunity that fits around their lifestyle while simultaneously satisfying their career goals.
- Becoming a MagiKats franchisee: There are single and multi-unit franchises available across the UK. Apply soon so you don’t miss out.
- How much you need to invest: You need £15,000 to be accepted.
- What you get for your investment: You can make the most of your marketing plan, business preparation training, ongoing development, a staff training programme and more. Head to its client page to see a full rundown of everything you get in return.
8. Kip McGrath
This very well known brand has been in the business for the last 40 years. Thousands of children have benefited from its English and Maths tuition.
- Becoming a Kip McGrath franchisee: This tutoring franchise does ask that applicants have a professional qualification and satisfactory entrepreneurial skills, as well as being passionate about teaching.
- How much you need to invest: Request more information to find out about the investment costs.
- What you get for your investment: You will be supported throughout the set up process by a team of experts.
Start a tutoring franchise today
As you can see, the franchise model is very popular in the tutoring industry. We’ve discussed eight of our favourite tutoring franchises out there at the moment, but there are even more in our directory. Click on the link to be taken straight there.
Becky Martin, Point Franchise ©