If you have a flair for painting and home improvement, joining a painting franchise could be an ideal opportunity for you. There are many different franchises operating in the sector, so read on to discover the top painting franchises in the UK.
Joining a franchise has always been one of the most business-savvy moves any ambitious future franchisee can make. Whereas striking it out on your own brings with it plenty of challenges, as a franchisee you’ll be able to count on the support of an already existing business to help you through.
And in a sector as competitive as the painting sector, this kind of support can make all the difference. With only one percent of franchises citing commercial failure as a reason for closing, there’s never been a better time to get started with a painting franchise. But with so many franchises to choose from, which is the best option for you?
>> Read more:
Why join a painting franchise?
- Training and support: You’ll be able to count on a whole lot of support, beginning before you open your business and continuing even long into the future.
- Job security: Franchisees can look forward to a more secure income and all the additional job security that comes with it.
- A pre-existing customer base: Whereas independent businesses need to invest lots of money even getting their businesses off the ground, you’ll already be a tried-and-tested business with a loyal customer base.
- Be your own boss: Working long hours for other people can be tough. As a franchisee, you’ll be your own boss and you can look forward to working to a schedule that suits you.
- Financing: Because franchising is a safer business model, you’ll also be able to take advantage of more competitive financing options and rates.
Top painting franchises
There are lots of different painting franchises operating across lots of different sectors. Your own preferences and needs will help you decide which franchises are the right fit for you. But whether you’re looking to be a commercial or a household painter, there are some great options.
While there aren’t any painting franchises available on Point Franchise at the moment, there are a number of different home improvement and construction franchises who will certainly be on the lookout for the skills that a painter has. You may want to consider some of the options below.
Prokil is one of the leading home improvement and construction franchises currently working in the industry. Specialising in damp proofing, timber preservation (including painted treatments) and basement waterproofing, Prokil brings 50 years worth of experience. So, if you’re looking to combine many of the skills of a painter and a home improvement professional, Prokill may be the ideal franchise for you.
- Becoming a Prokil franchisee: You don’t need industry experience, but you should be self-motivated, driven, energetic, hard working and positive.
- How much you need to invest: You'll need to make a minimum initial investment of £30,000, with franchise fees of £37,000 and a total investment cost of £60,000.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll be fully supported with an initial training programme via Head Office for three months, followed by continuous support and access to relevant qualifications and accreditations. A dedicated franchise manager will assist your growing business at every stage.
Shuttercraft is the UK’s largest distributor of plantation shutters, placing over 20,000 shutters since 2012. As the leading expert in shutter installation, this is a franchise with a huge amount of experience, profitability and knowledge, making it an ideal opportunity for a franchisee looking to make some big profits, all while enjoying some great job satisfaction.
- Becoming a Shuttercraft franchisee: As Shuttercraft franchises operate to a low-risk strategy, you don’t need any previous experience. As you’ll be building your business from the ground up though, you will need to be ambitious and keen to pursue sales.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make an investment of £27,495 + VAT towards your new franchise business.
- What you get for your investment: Shuttercraft’s award-winning training programme will teach you everything you need to know about running your own business. You can expect a comprehensive training scheme covering your company set up, branding and marketing, product training and administrative skills.
>> Read more:
- Top 3 Blinds Franchises in the UK
- Top 4 Interior Design Franchises in the UK
- Sector Spotlight: How to Run an Interior Decorating Franchise From Home
- Top 4 Kitchen Design Businesses in the UK
- 8 Advantages of Running an Interior Decorating Franchise
- How to Choose a Kitchen Franchise That's Right For You
- The Latest Tech Trends Innovating the Kitchen Design Industry
3. Raison Home
When it comes to putting your design skills to the test, Raison Home might be an ideal franchising option for you. Providing kitchens, bathrooms and bedrooms designed around your clients needs, this is a creative franchise with a perfected model of operating. This is a franchise ideal for a creative individual.
- Becoming a Raison Home franchisee: If you share the company’s values of honesty, collaboration, pleasure, respect, family and innovation, you already have everything you need to get started with Raison Home.
- How much do you need to invest: You will need to make a minimum investment of £10,000. With franchising fees of around £12,500, you will ultimately end up with a total investment of £22,495.
- What do you get for your investment: Raison Home’s expert team will guide you through the process of starting your own business and will help you to develop your business plan and secure any funding needed.
Finding the right franchise opportunity for you
The painting and home improvement sectors are competitive, exciting and profitable. And, for ambitious franchisees, there’s no reason why these two sectors can’t mix on a regular basis. If these aren’t quite the opportunities you were looking for though, you can find a full list of investment opportunities on the UK franchise directory.
Elliott Fudge, Point Franchise ©