Top 12 Most Profitable Franchises Under £20K
If youíve always dreamed of starting your own business but didnít think you could afford to, this is the article for you. Today, we look at the top 12 most profitable franchises under £20,000 in the UK right now.
Franchising isnít as expensive as you may think. Yes, some are cheaper than others and you canít expect to start a big-name franchise like McDonaldís without having access to a significant amount of capital. But this doesnít mean that you canít make healthy profits from a franchise with a lower initial investment.
Affordable franchises do exist if youíre prepared to think outside the box a little. Rather than going for franchises that require a substantial initial investment and plenty of working capital, such as food outlets, some of the most profitable franchises are those that require lower start-up and running costs. If youíre ready for a career change, franchising is a great way to be your own boss and hit the ground running operating under an established brand. Here is our list of the most profitable franchises for under £20,000, some of which may surprise you.
>> Read more:
Top 12 most profitable franchises under £20k
Aspray is recognised as one of the UKís franchise leaders in the property claims handling industry. It specialises in building repairs and insurance claims management, bridging the gap between the claimant and insurer during negotiations.
- Becoming an Aspray franchisee: If you join this franchise, youíll support clients when they need it most. Youíll specialise in project managing property damage insurance claims from inception to completion of repairs. To learn more and sign up, click here.
- How much you need to invest: A minimum investment of £15,000 is required.
- What you get for your investment: Youíll get high-quality training, admin support and marketing help. Youíll also be able to attend regional meetings and national conferences to upgrade your skills and expertise.
Kumon is a great investment opportunity if you want to shape the lives of children. With over 50 years of experience under its belt, Kumon is the largest supplementary education provider in the UK.
- Becoming a Kumon franchisee: If youíre passionate about using the Kumon Method to further the development and education of children, it encourages you to apply. To get started, click here.
- How much you need to invest: To be accepted as a franchisee, you need to have access to a minimum investment of £3,000.
- What you get for your investment: Youíll be supported by a franchise team bursting with industry-specific expertise and benefit from promotional campaigns and material. This is on top of the initial training and ongoing support network.
3. Metro Plumb
For many customers across with the UK with a plumbing problem, Metro Plumb is their first port of call. There are over thirty local centres that operate 24/7, tackling plumbing emergencies quickly and efficiently.
- Becoming a Metro Plumb franchisee: If youíre a hard-working and organised individual with practical plumbing experience or have had NVQ Level 2 training, Metro Rod encourages you to apply. Click here to get started.
- How much you need to invest: Metro Plumb asks for a minimum investment of £17,000.
- What you get for your investment: Youíll receive full training so you know everything you need to operate your own successful franchise unit.
4. Lash Perfect Beauty Bar
This is an eyelash, eyebrow and nail bar based in South East England. The beauty franchise offers newcomers or experienced beauty therapists and lash technicians the opportunity to open an outlet and be associated with an established and reputable beauty brand.
- Becoming a Lash Perfect Beauty Bar franchisee: To express your interest in this low-overhead business opportunity, click here.
- How much you need to invest: Lash Perfect Beauty bar will only need you to provide a minimum upfront investment of £5,000 and a total of £9,999.
- What you get for your investment: Not only can franchisees benefit from big discounts on the latest professional and retail products, youíll also be leased a Lash-Perfect-branded Fiat 500, so you can always advertise your business. Your beauty franchise will also be equipped with branded professional treatment kits and quality tools to give your clients the highest-quality results and keep them coming back.
Bodystreet offers the opportunity for those with little or no time to get fit and stay fit. Its proven once-a-week, 20-minute workout programme helps burn fat, build muscle, tone and shape. Bodystreet operates boutique fitness studios where members receive personal instruction from its highly trained team.
- Becoming a Bodystreet franchisee: If youíve got a positive attitude, are ambitious and have a hands-on approach, you could have what it takes to run your own franchise location. To learn more and sign up, click here.
- How much you need to invest: In order to invest in a Bodystreet franchise, youíll need a minimum investment of £10,000.
- What you get for your investment: In partnership with one of the UKís leading providers, the innovative franchise has developed a training programme. This means that franchisees and their team can undergo industry recognised training at a fraction of the cost.
Commercial fryers produce a lot of waste and can be very difficult to keep clean and hygienic. FiltaFry has opted to deliver a specialised kitchen extract cleaning service that provides on-site deep cleaning for commercial fryers, and a micro-filtration service for cooking oil to remove particulates.
- Becoming a FiltaFry franchisee: Having previous experience in the catering industry is looked on fondly but it isnít a necessity. To find out more and apply, click here.
- How much you need to invest: This is a great option if youíre on a limited budget, with an initial minimum investment of just £5,000 itís one of the lowest buy-ins on offer in the cleaning and catering sector. With funding support available, youíre looking at a total investment of around £15,000, which means youíll see a quick return on your investment.
- What you get for your investment: In return, youíll take part in a two-week training programme, an on-going eight-week development plan and have access to technical, sales and business support hotlines. This is to make sure youíre confident in your role and feel supported throughout your franchising journey.
7. Healthy Feet
Healthy Feet provides a mobile foot clinic service for customers up and down the UK. Itís popular among customers with diabetes, arthritis and mobility issues, as well as those who just enjoy pampering treatments.
- Becoming a Healthy Feet franchisee: Itís important to be a people-person and comfortable communicating with customers from all walks of life. Having a full UK driving licence is a must too. Click here to sign up.
- How much you need to invest: For those who are unable to raise a large amount of funds, the total investment to become a Healthy Feet franchisee is £6,995. Therefore, itís certainly a viable option for potential franchisees who donít have lots of cash to invest.
- What you get for your investment: The franchise provides its franchisees with a Foot Health Practitioner qualification to carry out their services. The majority of training is completed online, and the working hours are extremely flexible around your regular clientele, making it perfect for those busy with a home-life who are searching for a greater earning potential. You will also be supported with one-to-one mentoring
>> Read more:
This company launched in the US in 1991 and has since developed into a market-leading commercial cleaning franchise. The established brand provides top-notch cleaning services to offices, medical centres and commercial premises in over 11 countries, and to over 40,000 customers a year. The company is hoping to further its coverage in the UK through the franchise model.
- Becoming a JAN-PRO franchisee: There are two models available: the Regional Franchise Opportunity and the Single Unit Franchise Opportunity. In the former, franchisees will own a large, exclusive territory with unlimited potential for growth, where they will support Unit Franchise Partners who provide the cleaning service. The latter involves operating under the guidance of the Regional Franchise Partner. Click here to learn more.
- How much you need to invest: A minimum investment of £3,000 a total investment of £21,000 is required.
- What you get for your investment: There is plenty of support provided to franchisees, including a five-session training programme in London. One of the most exciting elements of the Regional Franchise Training opportunity is the chance to take a free, two-week trip to Atlanta for training.
9. Nicholas Humphreys Estate Agency
Nicholas Humphreys was established back in 1998 but didnít become a franchised business until 2012, following several years of success. Breaking the mould of traditional letting agents, Nicholas Humphreys introduces a fresh style and innovative approach to the profitable student letting sector. For this reason, itís one of the best franchises to buy if you want to invest in a dynamic and highly regarded company.
- Becoming a Nicholas Humphreys Estate Agency franchisee: You donít need any previous business ownership experience, nor are you required to have a background in the property letting sector. It is, however, important to be ambitious, enthusiastic and self-motivated. Click here to learn more.
- How much you need to invest: Nicholas Humphreys asks for a minimum investment of around £9,000 and a total investment of £31,200.
- What you get for your investment: The size of your business and the rate at which you grow is entirely down to you. You can choose to start a field-based franchise to keep costs to a minimum, or you can find a fixed location ideally placed to encourage customers to visit. Youíll also receive full training and be supported every step of the way in the launch of your new estate agent franchise.
According to Rob Butters, Stoke-on-Trent:
ďI took a Nicholas Humphreys franchise to move away from the corporate sector into a steady industry to make a decent income to support a family. Having made an income of £309,696.67 net of VAT so far and I am 2 months from my 3-year trading point, my dream is becoming a reality.Ē
10. Barking Mad
When it was launched in Cumbria in 2000, Barking Mad offered an alternative to traditional kennels. Trusted dog carers are hired to look after ownersí pets while theyíre away. The dogs stay in the carerís home, rather than in a kennel, so the pet should feel more at ease in a relaxed atmosphere.
Alongside its bespoke dog care service, this dog sitting business offers quality dog transportation, photo updates and a Ďmini sleepoverí for one night before your dog moves into your hostís house for a longer stay. Barking Mad has grown into the industryís most trusted dog-sitting service, boasting a score of 9.9 on Trustpilot.
- Becoming a Barking Mad franchisee: It goes without saying that youíll need to have a love of dogs. You should also have a can-do attitude and the drive to support an expanding business. To learn more and sign up, click here.
- How much you need to invest: If you want to join the franchiseís 80-strong network of dog-sitting carers across the UK, a minimum investment of just under £15,000 is required.
- What you get for your investment: As well as a comprehensive training programme, Barking Mad offers franchisees operational equipment, FIDO business software, corporate apparel and marketing materials as part of its franchise package.
11. Driving Miss Daisy
Driving Miss Daisy has a distinctive franchise model that offers transportation and companion services for anyone who is unable to drive.
- Becoming a Driving Miss Daisy franchisee: If youíre genuinely interested in improving peopleís lives and helping them feel safe and secure, you need to be trustworthy, honest and compassionate. Youíll get all the training you need to teach you the rest. If you're ambitious and have the required drive and capital, you can even choose to oversee multiple franchises across a larger region. To sign up, click here.
- How much you need to invest: The cost of purchasing a Driving Miss Daisy franchise is £15,000 plus VAT. Youíll also be expected to buy a fully liveried vehicle, pay the relevant local authority fees to register as a licensed operator and arrange the necessary insurance.
- What you get for your investment: On top of the training programme, youíll be helped with marketing, handling enquires and more.
12. The Incredible Ice Cream Company
This franchise sets up mobile ice cream bars in high footfall areas and caters for private, public and corporate events across the UK. Its colourful stall is eye-catching, drawing customers in to craft their own delicious ice cream creations. That means you can be a food vendor without the hassle of renting business premises.
- Becoming an Incredible Ice Cream Company franchisee: You'll benefit from the ice cream sector's high demand and the 83 percent of people who eat ice cream during autumn and winter as well as spring and summer. To learn more and sign up, click here.
- How much you need to invest: When you join The Incredible Ice Cream Company, you can choose to start a mobile business for £9,500 or a static business for slightly more. Franchisees can make over £50,000 in the first year alone, so it's a fantastic opportunity to get involved in the ice cream sector.
- What you get for your investment: Franchisees will enter into a renewable, two-year contract and can expect to benefit from a comprehensive training scheme and all the necessary consumables, from ice cream and sprinkles to sauces and flakes.
Start your own profitable franchise
This article has proved that it doesnít always cost an arm and a leg to start a business, and there are in fact an abundance of franchises from a wide range of industries that you can start for a relatively low investment.
These are just 12 exciting franchise opportunities that you can kick-start for less than £20,000. There are loads more too Ė you can view them here.
Becky Martin, Point Franchise ©
Interested in setting up your own restaurant business? Passionate about international [...]Article published on 15/09/2020 07:40
You may have heard the word Ďturnkeyí used to describe their investment opportunity. [...]Article published on 04/09/2020 15:59
Always dreamed of starting a music franchise unit or business? In this article, [...]Article published on 27/08/2020 15:35
Starting a home-based business may have never crossed your mind before. But with [...]Article published on 30/09/2020 17:06
FOCUS ON BUSINESS SECTORS
In this article we shine a spotlight on the food sector and some of the top business [...]Article published on 29/09/2020 16:35
VARIOUS TOPICS Ė TRENDS IN FRANCHISING
The only specialist student letting agency franchise in the UK, with earning potential up to 2.5 times the income of a traditional letting agency
Student and Professional Lettings, Property Management, Residential and Investment Sales. We provide a heavily [...]Read more ›