If you’d love to jump into the delivery and takeaway sector, but you don’t know where to start, this is the article for you. The industry is booming, and bursting with a diverse range of franchise opportunities. Here are five of the top food takeaway franchises in the UK, waiting for your investment.
Takeaway and fast food businesses in the UK occupy a market size of £19 billion [IBISWorld]. If you want to make a profitable investment and enjoy a fast-paced, dynamic career with plenty of room for growth, there’s no better option available to you. Start the journey towards making a career change with a fast food restaurant today.
Why start a takeaway franchise?
As mentioned already, the industry is huge in the UK, and there’s plenty of competition, but there’s also a huge amount of demand to match this competitiveness. If you can find a great franchise network to connect with, you’ll be in a strong position to benefit from constant, consistent demand. Beyond this, you’ll enjoy the following advantages of starting up a food delivery franchise:
- The opportunity to become a staple in your territory
- The ease of marketing and spreading the word (apps like Deliveroo and JustEat will, in part, do it for you)
- The ability to access franchisor support and guidance whenever it’s needed
- The chance to grow and expand down the line
- The increased affordability of running and investing in a takeaway business (compared to something like a sit-down restaurant)
Delivery-only concepts are democratizing access for food entrepreneurs looking to test markets without needing an existing customer base, or to be physically located in a high foot traffic location to ensure visibility.
- Ashley Colpaart, The Food Corridor
>> Read more:
The 5 top takeaway franchises in the UK
One of the biggest recent innovations in the food sector has been an increase in delivery-only, ghost-kitchen-style franchises. If you’re more sure than ever that you’d like to open a franchise that focuses on the provision of amazing takeaway meals to customers, keep reading. These five options are some of the best currently available to you in the UK...
1. Auntie Anne’s
Auntie Anne’s is the largest global soft pretzel chain, founded in Pennsylvania by Anne Beiler. The company was acquired and franchised by FOCUS Brands back in 2010, and has continued to expand ever since, delivering tasty treats to customers across the world.
- Becoming an Auntie Anne’s franchisee: You won’t need industry experience to invest with Auntie Anne’s, but you will need passion for the industry and an ability to provide amazing customer service. You’ll also need to be committed, caring and ambitious.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £40,000, with franchise fees of £18,000 and a total investment cost of £145,000.
- What you get for your investment: In return for your investment, you’ll receive a comprehensive initial training programme, development opportunities, and plenty of ongoing franchisor support.
2. Camile Thai
Camile Thai is a healthy and sustainable Thai restaurant franchise which was first founded in 2010 by Brody Sweeney. The company is innovative, putting a focus on bespoke technology, and with 45 locations and counting, you’d be joining a strong and successful network.
- Becoming a Camile Thai franchisee: You won’t need industry experience to invest with Camile Thai, but you will need to be hard-working, dedicated, and good with customers.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £100,000, with franchise fees of £20,000.
- What you get for your investment: In return for your investment, you’ll be helped with site selection, store design, staff recruitment, business planning and more. You’ll take part in a six week training programme. You’ll then receive lifetime support with marketing, product and concept development, employee training and assessment.
3. Mostro Pizza
Mostro Pizza is the world’s first takeaway that cooks a customer’s food directly outside their front door, in a specialist oven that gets the job done in seconds. At Mostro Pizza, the food is always hot, and the ingredients are always fresh and locally sourced.
- Becoming a Mostro Pizza franchisee: You won’t need any previous industry experience to invest with Mostro Pizza, but you will need to be motivated, ambitious, willing to learn, and committed to the brand.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £85,000.
- What you get for your investment: In return for your investment, you’ll receive extensive technical and management training on all aspects of the business. You’ll then be fully supported by your franchisor post-launch.
Robunmo is a Chinese street food franchise, offering authentic and tasty dishes, from bao buns to gyozas and spring rolls. Since its inception, Robunmo has developed delivery partnerships with major brands such as Just Eat, Deliveroo and UberEats.
- Becoming a Robunmo franchisee: You won’t need previous experience in hospitality or food service to invest, but you will need to be business-minded and demonstrate a love of the Robunmo concept. You’ll also need to be outgoing, a lover of food and a hard worker.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £15,000, with a total investment cost of £25,000.
- What you get for your investment: In return for your investment, you’ll receive a comprehensive training programme and a franchise operations manual. You’ll also be fully supported by your franchisor and offered marketing assistance as required.
>> Read more:
- 5 Advantages of Franchising for Young People
- 9 Things to Know Before Becoming a Franchisee
- Mythbusters: Common Misconceptions About What Makes a Successful Franchisee
- 5 Great Reasons to Become a Franchisee
- Franchising 101: Are You Ready to Become a Franchisee?
- Franchising 101: 6 Things to Know Before Becoming a Franchisee
5. Street Taste
Street Taste is an internationally inspired street food takeaway which offers delicious and healthy meals from around the world. Fruit is imported from over 10 different countries, with the franchise determined to give its customers the best of the best.
- Becoming a Street Taste franchisee: You won’t need industry experience to invest with Street Taste, but you will need to be ambitious, self-motivated, and able to provide good customer service. You’ll also need to be enthusiastic, passionate and professional.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £25,000, with franchise fees of £25,000 and a total investment cost of £55,000.
- What you get for your investment: In return for your investment, you’ll receive a core menu and operational guidelines. You’ll then enjoy a programme of in-depth training, and have access to ongoing guidance and innovative marketing strategies.
Why not try running your own business in the profitable and growing takeaway sector?
There are so many options to choose from in the world of food service. If takeaway is right for you, you now have a range of amazing options to consider. If you’re still weighing up your options, why not look into some coffee shop franchise investment opportunities, some restaurant franchise investment opportunities, or some dessert franchise investment opportunities?
Lily Sweeney, Point Franchise ©