Interested in joining the automotive sector? If you love cars and enjoy making them look their best, you might be interested in starting a car valet franchise business. Keep reading to find out more about four of the best investment opportunities in the UK.
Running a car valeting franchise unit is a great choice for entrepreneurs who’d like to start a scalable business. Once you’ve made your initial investment and settled into the franchisee life, you can easily hire employees - and add more vehicles to your fleet, if you’re a mobile business.
There are plenty of advantages to becoming a franchisee in the car valeting sector; keep reading to find out some of the biggest ones.
Benefits of starting a car valet franchise unit
- You’ll be joining a thriving industry - The UK car valeting industry contributes £1 billion to the British economy every year. You’re unlikely to be short of work, as there are over 16 million people who drive their car every day, dirtying their vehicles on muddy country lanes and wet motorways.
- Low start-up costs - Depending on the type of car valeting business you launch, you may not have to pay expensive store rental costs or the associated utilities and taxes. If you open a mobile franchise unit, you should be able to get up and running for a relatively low cost.
- It’s rewarding - You’ll have the chance to feel pride in a job well done. Returning a car to its former glory with spotless seats and a gleaming dashboard will give you a sense of satisfaction.
- You’ll get repeat business - Most of your customers will want their vehicle valeted on a regular basis. So, if you impress on your first job, it’s likely they’ll come back and use your services again.
Car valet franchise options
Waves has a network of more than 280 franchisees and is the UK’s fastest growing car valet franchise. Thanks to its strong relationship with leading supermarkets like Asda, Sainsbury’s and Waitrose, Waves car washes are based in prime retail locations.
The franchise’s mission to ‘make customers smile’ sets it apart from the competition; Waves loves building long-lasting relationships with clients.
- Becoming a Waves franchisee: You don’t need previous experience in the car industry to become a Waves franchisee. All the franchise asks is that you have good communication skills and a genuine passion for business. Once you’ve invested, you’ll need to find a suitable site with around nine parking spaces.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to put £25,000 towards your new venture.
- What you get for your investment: To help you prepare you for opening day, Waves provides intensive, hands-on training across all the aspects of your new business. You’ll also benefit from marketing support in social media, sponsorships and ad artwork.
>> Read more:
Founded in 1965, Autoglym has been in the business for over 50 years, and franchising for 23. This successful franchise sells valeting and car-care products for vehicle interiors and exteriors. Autoglym’s customers come in the form of valeting companies, car distributors and transport mechanics.
The business is also a fully accredited member of the British Franchise Association, so investors and customers alike can rest easy knowing Autoglym is a trustworthy franchise.
- Becoming an Autoglym franchisee: You’ll get to use the brand’s range of high-quality products, and join its extensive network of franchisees across 45 countries.
- How much you need to invest: You can become the franchise’s newest partner for a total cost of £50,000. Your investment grants you an exclusive sales territory.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll benefit from the franchise’s decades of expertise when you take part in the Autoglym franchise training programme. After brushing up on your product inventory, sales, marketing, customer support and IT system knowledge, you can get started on your franchise journey.
This franchise sells automotive products for the upkeep of vehicles, including deodorisers, maintenance products, hand cleaners and paint. Autosmart was established in 1979 and launched its franchise model in 1999. Over the past 35 years, the company has established 150 franchise units across the UK.
- Becoming an Autosmart franchisee: You’ll work with a customer base comprising many different organisations, from car dealerships and valet services to hauliers, vehicle rental firms and coach companies.
- How much you need to invest: The cost of setting up a new Autosmart franchise depends on the territories available at the time you enquire, but your investment could be as low as £15,000.
- What you get for your investment: Franchisees get training in sales, marketing and other aspects of the business, as well as ongoing support once the franchise unit has been launched. Investors initially enter into a five-year contract, which can be renewed for periods of up to 30 years.
>> Read more:
One of the longest-running mobile car valeting franchises in the UK, Autovaletdirect has been in business for more than 30 years. The automotive franchise provides franchisees scope to earn up to £1,000 a week!
- Becoming an Autovaletdirect franchisee: Franchise owners come from a wide variety of backgrounds and Autovaletdirect offers a bespoke training programme to suit each individual franchisee.
- How much you need to invest upfront: You can get started with as little as £9,930, but you can pay more to upgrade your valeting system.
- What you get for your investment: When you join the car wash company, you will benefit from full induction training, on-site support when you launch, a 24/7 national call centre, branded workwear and a protected territory.
Other automotive franchises
You don’t have to join a car valet franchise to get involved in the automotive sector; there are plenty of other types of businesses looking for investors. Follow the links to browse our car repair franchises, tyre replacement firms or windscreen replacement investment opportunities.
Alice Tuffery, Point Franchise ©