Window cleaning is one of the fastest growing industries in the UK. People are paying more attention to the appearance of their houses than ever before, which is thoroughly supported by the fact that the window cleaning sector has a market size of around £328 million. With the development of completely new, modern & complex architecture, it has become almost impossible for regular homeowners to clean their own windows – making this a highly profitable sector to be involved with.
Becoming a window cleaning franchisee is becoming more and more popular. As a franchisee you are guaranteed to benefit economically and socially by gaining a great salary, trustworthy collaborations and by running an in-demand business. In an industry as exciting and diverse as this one, here are the three most exciting window cleaning franchises for you to be involved with.
Why join a window cleaning franchise?
Window cleaning franchises are incredibly profitable and the level of demand for these services are only increasing. And, thanks to complex architecture and the increased number of employed parents, demand for window cleaning services isn’t expected to slow down any time soon. By joining a window cleaning franchise not only are you guaranteed to have a growing business, but a profitable business as well.
The industry contributes around £55.5 billion to the UK economy every year, which is a greater figure than the food, drink and agricultural manufacture combined (£28 billion and £10.4 billion respectively). Cleaners can expect to be working in a busy indsutry ensuring that businesses, homes, schools and public places are clean and safe enough to use.
So, if you’re looking for the top window cleaning franchises in the UK and would like to give this industry a try, here are our top three window cleaning franchises.
>> Read more:
- Franchising 101: The Complete Guide to Franchise Costs in the UK
- Franchising 101: How to Buy a Franchise Business in 10 Steps
- Franchising 101: The Official Franchise Start Up Checklist (Part 1)
- Franchising 101: Top 5 Qualities of a Franchisee
- Franchising 101: 6 Tips for Building Customer Loyalty Through Marketing
- Franchising 101: The Pros and Cons of Franchising Your Business
- Franchising 101: 6 Top Contributors of Franchise Failure
Top 3 window cleaning franchises
While there are many large window cleaning franchises in the industry, we currently only have one franchise on Point Franchise. But, if you're looking to see what other companies are operating in similar sectors, you can also see what franchises are operating in other sectors.
1. My Window Cleaner
My Window Cleaner’s goal is to revolutionise the industry using their proven marketing systems in order to grow a professional multi-van window cleaning businesses.
The company has trading franchises in 4 different locations, with plans for more in the pipeline.My Window Cleaner’s systems make it simple and easy for customers to communicate with the cleaners and to book appointments!
Not only this, the company also has their own app through which many servicesare automated, leaving franchisees free to focus on growth and exceptional service.
- How do I become a My Window Cleaner franchisee?: To become a My Window Franchisee, no previous work experience is needed. The company places huge value on personality, attitude and ambition more than a few set skills on a CV. The firm welcomes anyone who has an extroverted personality and a real passion for quality services!
- How much do I need to invest?: You’ll need to invest a minimum of £8,000 as a My Window Cleaner franchisee. The total investment for the whole franchise comes to £15,000 but the company guarantees a high income as the demand for the cleaning industry is continuously cultivating.
- What support is on offer?: My Window Cleaner offers ongoing support and a comprehensive training programme, which covers both cleaning and administration parts of running your business.
2. Zero Dry Time
Tired of the old, long pungent cleaning services that harm the environment? Zero Dry Time is a company that will handle all of that for its clients. It’saim is to provide environmentally friendly cleaning services and non-toxic treatments for houses, flats and commercial properties. Becoming a Zero Dry Time franchisee helps to grow your own business and gives you the ability to generate quick returns & access to a sustainable income right after customers sign in!
There are many benefits to becoming a franchisee of Zero Dry Time. You’ll have access to the latest cleaning machines, advanced cleaning products and a maintenance programme. All of this is done fora low investment!
- How do I become a Zero Dry Time franchisee?: The company is lookingfor people who are ambitious, driven and hungry to build a business. No previous experience of handling commercial cleaning is needed although many people will have a brief understanding of it after everyday cleaning at home! The only thing that is needed is the investment and a white van.
- How much do I need to invest?: The minimum investment for this franchise is £24,950 + VAT with no funding support. The investment covers equipment, cleaning products, paperworks, training and territories in major UK cities where spaces will be set up to accommodate your whole team!
- What support is on offer?: Zero Dry Time provides all necessary support and training to boost business opportunities for new franchisees. The company provides back office support to continually develop new offerings and ensure that launching your business is as effective as possible. Zero Dry Time also deals with all paperwork, giving franchisees more time to focus on developing their franchise into the best cleaning service in the area!
>> Read more:
- Q&A: Does Safeclean Franchise in the UK?
- 7 Advantages of Opening a Commercial Cleaning Franchise
- Is It Your Time to Shine With a Cleaning Services Franchise?
- Professional Cleaning Services Franchise: From Rags to Riches
- Techclean: What's Involved in Starting a Franchise?
- Discover the My Window Cleaner Franchise Opportunity
- How to Start Your Own Window Cleaning Business
3. Kingsmaid Cleaning Franchise
Many domestic cleaning products can be incredibly harmful to the environment, contributing to things like climate change. Kingsmaid Cleaning’s aim is to provide its clients with the best quality cleaning products without having to pay the price of damaging the earth. The company describes itself as “a modern green domestic cleaning company - paying huge attention to the environment.” Domestic cleaning is a continuously evolvingindustry, growing by 25% respectively every decade. Currently in the UK, domestic cleaners have a value of £4.7 billion, making this industry incredibly affordable to open a franchise in.
The Kingsmaid Cleaning Franchise offers a great opportunity to run a multi-million pound business. With so many successes, the green cleaning company has been featured with big stars like Sky News and BBC. Since its first open doors back in 2013, Kingsmaid Cleaning has grown into one of the largest and most successful cleaning companies in the UK.
- How do I become a Kingsmaid Cleaning franchisee?: You won’t need previous work experience asthe company is people-based and. Instead, you’ll need to be a people person, comfortabledealing with many customers. You’ll also need to have good communication skills and have be happy to help out clients whatever their needs
- How much do I need to invest?: In order to startyour network with this franchise, the minimum investment is £10,000. If this seems like an overwhelming amount of money, Kingsmaid Cleaning has you covered with a great funding support system.
- What support is on offer?: As a new starter, the company provides you with a pre-loaded PC and 2 tablets with access to the Kingsmaid portal. Through this portal, customers are able to contact all cleaners and tell when staff have finished cleaning in a client’s home. There is a comprehensive training programme that takes you through all aspects of the new business with a developed wealth of online training modules. Additionally, the dedicated support team is always available to answer any queries!
The bright future of window cleaning franchises.
Opening any kind of franchise is a lot of work, however it’s also incredibly rewarding. With the cleaning industry continuously cultivating and achieving success, it’s an opportunity you wouldn’t want to miss out on. Opening a window cleaning franchise allows for you to not only make money and have a guaranteed business, it also allows you to build a trustworthy network full of people, eager to expand your business even further. The cleaning industry is growing at around 6.6% on average each year, further supporting the fact that opening a window cleaning franchise is really worth the shot, which you won’t regret!
If you'd like to see other franchising opportunities in other sectors, you can see a full list on the UK franchise directory.
Elliott Fudge, Point Franchise ©