The childcare sector has been booming in recent years. Having put some difficult years behind it, the sector is collectively looking forward to combining the new ways of working perfected during the pandemic with an exciting and profitable business opportunity. And the best news is that there are plenty of new developments in the market still to come.
Childcare franchises have been pushing through the limits on restrictions over the last two years and have kept this busy and exciting sector going strong. But that isn’t to say that there haven’t been lessons learned. This industry is now evolving and picking up on new trends to see the industry through to bigger and better places, so if you were thinking of making a career change with a childcare franchise, here are some trends you should know.
What does a childcare franchisee do?
The daily life of a childcare provider is varied and different. No two days are ever likely to be the same, meaning that if you were looking for the right opportunity to balance a rewarding job with a profitable business opportunity, running your own childcare franchise might just be for you.
From one day to the next, you could be:
- Working closely with parents to devise the right programmes for their children
- Speaking with your franchisor about coming up with new and fresh ideas for childcare
- Recruiting new and friendly people to join your business
- Processing invoices
- Helping to train other franchisees from other parts of the country
- Devising new marketing strategies
>> Read more:
The shape of the childcare industry in 2022
While the last two years have been tough all around, this sector is still making some excellent profits. Data gathered by Ibis World suggests that in 2022, the market value of the childcare industry will be as much as $3.2 billion, meaning any concerns about future profitability can be put to bed. This essential industry is as valuable as ever and for the right franchisee, there are opportunities to be had everywhere.
And with the right franchisee helping you through the challenges, there are many reasons to be optimistic about your future working in the childcare sector. But with so many different businesses already in the sector, what can you do to ensure your business stands out? Why not try tapping into some of the following trends?
Top 3 childcare trends
1. Tech-enhanced care
If there’s been one major takeaway from the last couple of years, it’s that working virtually has been proven to be far more efficient than first thought. From running virtual care classes to balancing a hybrid mix of in-person, outdoors and entirely remote care services, many carers have felt empowered by what working with technology can do.
While there’s no substitute for working and speaking with people face-to-face, particularly when it comes to ensuring the wellbeing of children, technology isn’t going anywhere - so there’s all the more reason to find the right way to pursue excellent care and service with the right tech-enhanced level of operation.
2. Budget-friendly options
With so much disruption already taking place in the economy, many families may have experienced a total loss or reduction in their primary source of income - and this would ordinarily mean that families pull back from spending with childcare franchises.
To counteract this potential issue, childcare franchisees are looking at new ways to help families achieve the best possible care for their children, meaning that some of the more affordable options below are being offered more readily:
- Outdoors and recreational services
- Drop-in, flexible services
- Pay as go offers
- Hybrid and remote services
- After-school care
With the lives of many families changed potentially forever, it’s important that childcare franchises adapt to meet the needs of their customers.
Flexibility is the name of the game when it comes to standing out from the competition. Whether you achieve a flexible working balance through working virtually, offering different pricing packages, tailored educational offers or something different entirely, find a way to run your business in a way that creates new opportunities and you will be well on your way to achieving some excellent profits.
Franchise opportunities in the childcare sector
If coaching young people and helping them achieve a healthy, balanced and active lifestyle sounds like an excellent opportunity for you, why not look into Sportcool? This popular franchise not only sets up children for a healthy lifestyle, it’s also a great way to be your own boss and earn some great revenues.
- Becoming a childcare franchisee: Coaching is accessible to everyone, meaning that you don’t need any previous experience in coaching to get started.
- How much do you need to invest: In return for a total investment of around £24,995 + VAT, you could be earning revenues of around £116,325 in two years’ time.
- What training and support is on offer: You’ll receive a comprehensive training and support package that helps you develop the essential skills that you will need as both a coach and a franchisee.
>> Read more:
2. Banana Moon
Banana Moon brings specialist activities, a safe environment and a tried-and-tested brand identity to households across the country. This childcare franchise is caring, exciting and ambitious, so if you’ve always dreamed of running a nursery, Banana Moon is for you.
- Becoming a Banana Moon franchisee: You don’t need previous experience to become a franchisee, only a commitment to the ethos of the business and a willingness to learn.
- How much do you need to invest: You’ll need to make a total investment of around £60,000 to become a franchisee.
- What training and support is on offer: Once you’ve found a premises, Banana Moon will provide all the equipment, training and guidance needed to help get your business off the ground.
Tap into these trends and become a childcare franchisee today
Become a franchisee with a childcare business and you won’t be disappointed. From being your own boss to working in a way that fits with your lifestyle, use the trends mentioned above to stand out and run the business of your dreams. If you’d rather see what other opportunities are open to you, have a look at the UK franchise directory.
Elliott Fudge, Point Franchise ©