Telecommunications is one of the most important industries in the modern world. But are there any telecommunications companies offering franchise opportunities? Let’s find out…
Businesses in the telecommunications sector create and maintain the networks allowing information and data to get to our televisions, radios, phones and computers. They keep millions of devices connected, so you can send communications across the globe. The industry is massive; it generates over £30 billion in revenue every year in the UK. But there are lots more reasons why you should consider joining the industry…
Why start a business in the telecoms sector?
- You can cater to commercial customers and create a specialist service – Telecom franchises are only really an option in the business world. The residential market provides broadband and TV in homes and is dominated by large companies slogging it out to offer the lowest prices. It is the business space where the opportunities of the telecom industry really lie.
- There’s opportunity for innovation – Businesses need high-quality and reliable services when it comes to telephone calls and data delivery. Whether you’re a large multinational or a smaller company, there are always lots of potential opportunities for you to provide fantastic service.
- New businesses are working their way up – As well as huge changes in the technological landscape, the last decade has seen the make-up of the telecommunications industry begin to shift. Once ruled by a small club of national companies, most major economies have privatised their telecoms networks. This has allowed lots of new entrants into the market. These smaller, more agile companies are often better placed to capitalise on the growth in mobile and internet services.
- There’s plenty of demand – While good old-fashioned telephone calls continue to be the main staple of business telecom companies, there is an increasing need for these companies to handle large amounts of text, images and data. If you are looking to invest in a telecom or IT-related franchise, there are a lot of options out there.
- You can boost your chances of profitability by researching future trends – Taking the time to understand the market and the opportunities out there could be the difference between making a poor investment and really profitable one. This gives shrewd and conscientious entrepreneurs the upper hand.
>> Read more:
- Franchising 101: The Complete Guide to Franchise Costs in the UK
- Franchising 101: 6 Top Contributors of Franchise Failure
- Franchising 101: How to Buy a Franchise Business in 10 Steps
- Franchising 101: The Official Franchise Start Up Checklist (Part 1)
- Franchising 101: Top 5 Qualities of a Franchisee
- Franchising 101: 6 Tips for Building Customer Loyalty Through Marketing
- Franchising 101: The Pros and Cons of Franchising Your Business
Franchise opportunities among telecommunications companies are incredibly varied, but we’ve gathered together five fantastic investment opportunities in this thriving sector.
This company launched in 2003, and now has more than 30 branches across the UK. Spoton.net offers investors the opportunity to join an established digital marketing company that provides web design for small and medium-sized businesses in the UK and Ireland.
- Becoming a Spoton.net franchisee: Franchisees who join Spoton.net get the freedom and flexibility of being able to set their own working hours and can operate their business from the comfort of their own home.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make an initial investment of just £14,000.
- What you get for your investment: Franchisees will find themselves in good hands, benefiting from a five-day training programme and the support of an already-established franchisee. An online support portal will provide further information and act as an ongoing help centre.
2. Activ Net Marketing
Activ Net Marketing provides web design and marketing services across the UK. Franchisees can tap into this lucrative business model while helping other businesses benefit from an increased online presence.
- Becoming an Activ Net Marketing franchisee: You’ll have the option to work from home either part or full-time, so there is plenty of flexibility if you have family commitments or other responsibilities. Those interested only need basic digital skills, but must be comfortable and confident approaching and collaborating with local companies to gain business.
- How much you need to invest: With a minimum investment of £9,995, franchisees can open their own branch of Activ Net Marketing and expect to make between £1,000 and £5,000 every month.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll get access to a three-day training programme providing an introduction to the products offered and strategies and software used.
3. Pink Connect
Established in 2002, Pink Connect has been working in business communications, IT and digital security for almost a decade. It’s proud to reveal a 98 percent customer loyalty score, which is testament to its high-quality services.
- Becoming a Pink Connect franchisee: This franchise is on the lookout for investors who are willing to put in the effort in order to reap the rewards. You should be committed to personal growth and interested in building a solid business.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to be prepared to invest a minimum of £19,950.
- What you get for your investment: An investment gets you extensive training and support, and gives you the opportunity to set your own hours. The company will provide an ongoing social media campaign to help drum up business for you.
An increasing number of businesses are looking to create their own mobile apps to deliver their products or services better to their customers. Designing, developing and releasing mobile apps is not a simple process though, and many businesses can be put off. Eazi-Apps offers an innovative ‘drag and drop’ platform that helps companies create and deploy mobile apps quickly and cheaply.
- Becoming an Eazi-Apps franchisee: As a franchisee with this business, you can build powerful apps from the comfort of your own home.
- How much you need to invest: A minimum investment of £7,995 is all you need to get started.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll get two days of training, ongoing business support and professionally designed brochures, business cards and promotional website.
>> Read more:
5. Call Agents
Help small and medium-sized businesses take calls when they’re busy, out of the office or understaffed with a Call Agents franchise unit. You can either work remotely or hire your own office space and you don’t need any experience.
- Becoming a Call Agents franchisee: Investors must have an upbeat, friendly attitude and a great telephone manner to succeed as a Call Agents franchisee.
- How much you need to invest: The minimum investment is £3,750, so you can get going on a relatively limited budget.
- What you get for your investment: Call Agents gives all its franchisees a software licence, brand new laptop and professional phone, networking script, instruction manuals and a website, as well as lots of other perks!
Get started today
As you can see, there are lots of different kinds of telecommunication companies offering franchise opportunities. This is a sector with huge potential for investors, so make sure you do plenty of research to find the perfect business for you.
To find more franchises currently looking for new recruits, take a look at our IT, high-tech and online opportunities.
Alice Tuffery, Point Franchise ©