Q&A: Does Superdry Franchise in the UK?
The incredibly popular clothing company, Superdry, is adored by customers across the globe. If youíve ever wondered whether or not it franchises in the UK, this article is for you!
Superdry is a prime example of a British success story Ė over £1.6 billionworth of Superdry products is sold across the globe each year. The brand was founded in 2003 and operates a multi-channel business via standalone stores, concessions, UK and international wholesale, and e-commerce, and its headquarters are in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire. But is it possible to start your own Superdry franchise in the UK?
Superdry is a contemporary UK brand owned by Superdry plc, which operates in the premium branded fashion clothing sector. The dynamic clothing company specialises in high-quality womenswear, menswear and accessories, ďfusing vintage Americana and Japanese graphics with a British styleĒ. There are currently around 768 Superdry-branded locations in 65 countries; 245 of these are in the UK and Europe.
The label is characterised by exceptional-quality fabrics, authentic vintage washes, distinguished detailing, unique, hand-drawn graphics and tailored fits. The distinct nature of Superdryís products has resulted in the brand boasting exclusive appeal, on top of a wide-scale celebrity fanbase.
>> Read more:
Does Superdry franchise in the UK?
Unfortunately, there arenít any Superdry franchising opportunities in the UK. But there are some other clothing franchises out there on the hunt for enthusiastic franchisees. Before we have a closer look at these, letís see if there are any other ways to get involved with Superdry and the clothing industry in the UK.
How to get involved with Superdry
If you head to Superdryís website you can see its dedicated careers page. Here, you can see the latest job vacancies for store manager and head office roles. If youíre unsure whether the fashion market is right for you, working in either of these roles could give you a better insight into what itís like before committing to buying a franchise.
The clothing market in the UK
Brits spend, on average, a whopping £1,042 a year on keeping their wardrobes fresh (Ariel). Men tend to spend more on their clothes, but women are likely to go shopping more often.
Also, it has been found that the womenís clothing market is growing each year (Mintel) and experts predict that the market will continue to grow by 14 percent between 2018 and 2022, so much so that the market will reach £33 billion. This indicates that women are still eager to get their retail therapy fix despite economic uncertainty in the UK.
These statistics demonstrate that the retail industry provides scope for great investment opportunities the UK. If youíve always dreamed of being your own boss, investing in a retail franchise could be a wise business move, operating as part of an incredibly lucrative industry.
Similar franchise opportunities
Below we list our top four clothing store franchise opportunities in the UK.
1. Noa Noa
Bring the spirit of the bohemian woman to your local high street with a Noa Noa franchise. This sustainable fashion franchise retails clothes that are made with the intention of representing strong women and allowing customers to feel like their true selves. In a world of fast fashion, Noa Noa prides itself on offering a collection that will stand the test of time. Its clothes feature great attention to detail and striking colour contrasts.
All clothing collections are designed in Denmark and produced across the world, making Noa Noa a brand with the potential to go global. Itís a proud member of the Business Social Compliance Initiative and makes sure it operates ethically. Since it was founded in 1981, Noa Noa has opened more than 90 concept stores and can be found in over 350 multi-brand stores across the globe.
- Becoming a Noa Noa franchisee: Noa Noa is looking for people with previous experience in the fashion industry to help expand the business. So, whether youíve run your own company or worked in a managerial role in another store, Noa Noa wants to hear from you.
- How much you need to invest: Youíll need to be prepared to invest at least £40,000 to get your store up and running.
- What you get for your investment: Franchisees will be able to access guidance and support whenever they need it. As part of the initial set-up process, store designer Christian Baumann will spend three days at each new location to ensure everything goes to plan. And, to make sure your store is dressed to impress, visual merchandiser Satijana Blazeska will create stunning displays ready for your grand opening. Whatís more, youíll also be able to access marketing materials and training for your staff, as well as seasonal materials throughout the year.
>> Read more:
As one of the leading fashion retail brands in the world, Calzedonia has a large and loyal customer following. Its unique Italian fashion range is offered in around 4,000 stores worldwide. Want to open the next one?
- Becoming a Calzedonia franchisee: If you have previously run your own retail store, are business-minded and have access to the financial requirements, then Calzedonia encourages you to apply.
- How much you need to invest: It costs between £50,000 and £100,000 to own your own store. You should be able to get a proportion of this from banks to help you.
- What you get for your investment: Every franchisee will be supported throughout the entire process by their area district manager. Thereís also national advertising that you can benefit from. Find out more here.
3. Afterschock London
Having launched 25 years ago, this fashion franchise is active in over 25 countries. Every collection is inspired by seasonal catwalk trends that loyal customers canít get enough of.
- Becoming an Aftershock London franchisee: It asks that you have retail experience, particularly in womenís fashion, and connections with shopping centres.
- How much you need to invest: This hasnít been disclosed on the website, but you can fill in an enquiry form to gain further information.
- What you get for your investment: You can make the most of the franchise teamís expertise and support with the store fit-out.
This is one of the largest privately-owned retailers on the British high street. After being in business for over 50 years, M&Co now operates from over 300 stores and turns over more than £200 million each year.
- Becoming a M&Co franchisee: To learn more and sign up, click here.
- How much you need to invest: We suggest contacting the franchise to get more information about the investment cost, as this hasnít been made available on the website.
- What you get for your investment: Youíll receive training and support from a dedicated franchise team and benefit from competitive prices on orders.
Why not try a clothing franchise on for size?
Even with an uncertain economic climate and an increased awareness of fast fashion, the British public is still happy to part with their cash to achieve the latest trends. If you want to make your mark in an exciting and evolving industry, check out our clothing franchise page to see the latest opportunities in the sector. If youíre also a fan of Zara or Uniqlo, you can see if they offer franchising opportunities here and here.
Becky Martin, Point Franchise ©
The COVID-19 crisis has turned our day-to-day lives upside down. But as we adapt [...]Article published on 30/07/2020 14:00
Subway is one of the UKís biggest restaurant brands. In recent years, itís seen [...]Article published on 24/07/2020 11:13
The UK has an ageing population, with more than nine million people in the country [...]Article published on 23/04/2020 16:49
If youíre tired of the 9-to-5, starting a franchise is a fantastic way for you [...]Article published on 02/08/2020 17:00
BECOME A FRANCHISEE
Full Circle Funerals Partners is a fast growing disrupter business that is bringing the funeral industry up to date with modern, non religious premises, genuine flexibility and staff who donít wear black!
A completely person-centred funeral service that enables people to create funerals that truly reflect the person [...]Read more ›