Today we’re going to discuss which franchise opportunities work best for the natural hosts among us. We’re also going to take a look at our top franchise opportunities for you to invest in, so that you can start making your future customers feel at home.
If you love nothing better than making people feel welcome, accommodating guests and providing a beautiful atmosphere for every occasion, starting a franchise would be the perfect opportunity to make the most of your host(ess) with the most(est) nature.
While it’s clear how being a good host fits in to some of the most popular lines of work, if you love taking care of people and making sure your customers are happy then you may not have realised how many opportunities there really are in the world of franchising.
Whenever there are customers involved, a certain level of empathy and kindness goes a long way.
People skills and being accommodating to people’s needs are essential in customer service, as happy customers mean returning business.
The same applies to maintaining a happy workforce - if you know how to look after your staff, you’re more likely to get the most effort and engagement out of them.
Either way, if your personality type is caring with a love of entertaining, there are a host of enjoyable roles in the business world that can cater to your every requirement.
If you are interested in running your own business off the back of your love of hosting, there are plenty of fantastic franchise opportunities seeking individuals who would thrive in this sector.
>> Read more:
Which industries suit a natural host?
You’ll be glad to know that if you specialise in looking after people, there are a wealth of job areas you could go into. Here are some of the best industries for a natural host:
- Fast food
- Home care
- Spa and Beauty
Why choose franchising?
Being able to operate under an established brand with a tried and tested business model means much of the risk associated with new business ownership is alleviated. And with less than one percent of franchises closing due to failure, what’s not to love?
Did you know? Less than one percent of franchises close due to failure
>> Read more:
Here are some more impressive stats about franchising:
- The franchise industry contributes £15 Billion to the UK economy - an increase of 46% over the past 10 years
- Over half of franchisees are now declaring an average turnover that exceeds £250,000
- An incredible 97% of franchisees are running in profitability
- An impressive 91% of franchisees have declared satisfaction with their franchisor
- According to 2019 research based on official census data, the two-year franchise success rate is about 8% higher than the independent business success rate.
- The biggest growth areas for franchising remain personal services, hotels and catering, according to Natwest’s most recent franchise report.
Who’d have thought it? A host(ess) with the most(est) couldn’t be more suited to franchising!
If you’re set to turn your hosting skills into profitability, here are our favourite franchise opportunities from different sectors for you to consider:
Opportunities for hosts on Point Franchise
Food & Drink
Esquires Coffee is an ethical coffee franchise founded in 1993 in British Columbia, who has since established a position as one of the U.K.'s most exciting coffee brands, with 50 shops in the U.K. Each cup of Esquires’ coffee is not only crafted with exquisite care, it’s fair-trade, organic and sustainable. Its food offer is varied, healthy and delicious. Esquires shops aren’t just comfortable, they’re dynamic, functional and sustainable too.
- Becoming an Esquires Coffee franchisee: You’ll need to have great business acumen, good managerial skills, fantastic customer service and the drive to make your location a success. If you’d like to know more, get in touchwith the franchise to begin your franchising journey.
- How much you need in invest: To become a franchisee, you’ll require a minimum investment of £85,000.
- What you get for your investment: Esquires Coffee offers a bespoke solution for every partner’s needs including full training, site selection and procurement, store design, lease negotiation, marketing and 24/7/365 ongoing support.
Marugame Udon is an established Japanese fast-food restaurant concept serving freshly made Asian dishes from an open kitchen. The quick self-service food outlet can settle orders in as little as 30 seconds.
Its generous portions and affordable price points make Marugame Udon a great value proposition within the quick casual food market, and the successful franchise is on the lookout for UK franchisees to expand its business.
- Becoming a Marugame Udon franchisee: You’ll need to have pretty big ambitions to become a Marugame Udon franchisee. It’s on the lookout for area development franchisees who can develop at least five locations. You’ll also need to have previous experience in the restaurant or multi-unit retail business, as well as a successful track record in expanding these kinds of businesses.
- How much you need to invest: To become a franchisee, you’ll require a minimum investment of £250,000 plus £25,000 franchise fees.
- What you get for your investment: Once a motivated partner with relevant experience and the right resources has been found, they will be allocated their own exclusive territory and gain access to the brand’s extensive training programme.
Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe
Mr Simms traditional sweet shops offer a unique and evocative experience that caters for sweet lovers of all ages. Traditional values, sensational service, excellent product choice and heritage-inspired interiors are just some of the elements that blend together to give our brand its distinctive warmth and character.
With over 75 stores in the UK alone, Mr Simms is already the number one retail franchise confectionery business in the UK and its success story is just beginning.
- Becoming a Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe franchisee: You’ll need a real passion for confectionary, a love of providing a sweet service and want to give back to your local community. If you’d like to know more, get in touch with the franchise to begin your franchising journey.
- How much you need to invest: The total investment is £37,000 to £59,500, depending on the size of your shop premises.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll be fully supported throughout your journey, with both classroom and on-site training and assistance whenever you need it. You’ll also get to run your own financially rewarding confectionary business – things don’t get much sweeter than this in the franchising world.
BoConcept is Denmark’s retail furniture chain with over 250 stores in 60 countries worldwide. When customers visit its Brand Stores, Inspiration Stores or Studios around the world, they get professional advice about home interiors.
- Becoming a BoConcept franchisee: Prospective partners need to have business knowledge, experience and a good foundation for running a business. They should have a positive attitude towards employee involvement. The right franchisee should have a personal passion for design, style and trends. Industry experience is not as important as passion, as franchisees are assigned an executive retail advisor who will share their in-depth understanding of the concept and daily running of a BoConcept store.
- How much you need to invest: A minimum investment with BoConcept is £100,000, with a total investment of £500,000 and an equity of between 20-30 percent.
- What you get for your investment: You will be supported throughout the journey, with initial training offered to make sure you’re ready to run a successful store. You’ll be assigned an executive retail advisor who will help you get to grips with the day-to-day running of your store. You’ll also have access to the franchise’s systems and databases and even get visual merchandising assistance to set up your store.
Clients come to Christies Care needing help with a wide range of different conditions – from dementia to a severe physical disability. Its carers help people lead their lives the way they want, as independently as possible, in the comfort and familiarity of their own homes. Recently awarded Domiciliary Care Provider of the Year at the HealthInvestor awards, Christies is now franchising out its hourly care model to support it already established national operation.
- Becoming a Christies franchisee: You’ll need to be motivated, have a passion for caring and genuinely want to make a difference in your local community. If you’d like to learn more, get in touch with the franchise.
- How much you need to invest: To invest in a Christies franchise, you’ll need a minimum investment of £35,000.
- What you get for your investment: Christies provide all the expert training and support you will need in your new business venture, so this franchise is suitable for those investors with or without experience in the care industry.
Host a franchise in your life
With a host of opportunities on offer and an invite to the huge franchising sector, the future looks bright for any accommodating individuals who are keen to start running their own business.
For a full list of our franchising opportunities here on Point Franchise click here, or get in touch today to start your franchising adventure and begin making happy customers!
Eve Piper, Point Franchise ©