If you’re passionate about pizza and you’re looking to run your own business, why not start a pizza franchise? Dodo Pizza is an excellent franchise opportunity, as you will be able to follow a proven and successful business model all the way to success in a highly profitable industry. Read on, and discover everything you need to know about a potential franchise investment with Dodo Pizza.
A pizza business is one of your best options in the world of franchising in 2022, with the pizza delivery and takeaway market in the UK standing at a value of £3 billion and consisting of just under 6,500 businesses [IBISWorld]. If you’re interested in grabbing a slice of the action with a pizza franchise, there are few options as ideal as Dodo Pizza and its unique digital-first approach.
Let’s be honest: running a restaurant business sometimes feels like juggling grenades — in hell. With your heels burning. Hundreds of operations every day — easy to screw up somewhere. Luckily, there are tech solutions that can help you out. Unluckily, they can amount to a dozen poorly integrated tools (think Frankenstein’s monster.) Wouldn’t it be nice if someone built a single platform covering everything? Your wish is granted.
- Dodo Pizza
Does Dodo Pizza Franchise in the UK?
For pizza lovers with a head for business and the capital to invest in a food franchise, it’ll be great news to discover that yes, Dodo Pizza does franchise in the UK. You can join the growing network, which has launched over 700 pizza stores in 10 years. In return, you’ll be fully supported and assisted at every step of the way, able to build a highly profitable Dodo Pizza business of your own in your local area.
A delivery-only operation run by a near-broke but passionate entrepreneur. This is how Dodo Pizza started in 2011. Now it’s the world’s fastest-growing pizza brand with an IPO planned for 2024. And we can achieve even more together. Join our international community of franchisees — and make pizza (and history) with Dodo.
- Dodo Pizza
>> Read more:
- 8 Reasons Why Starting a Pizza Franchise is a Smart Business Decision
- Enjoy a slice of the action with a pizza franchise
- Pizza Restaurant Franchises: Create Your Own!
- How to Start Your Own Pizza Restaurant Franchise
- 6 Advantages of Running an Italian Pizza Franchise
- Top 5 Pizza Delivery Franchises in the UK
The history of Dodo Pizza business franchise
As mentioned above, Dodo Pizza came about in 2011, founded by Fyodor Ovchinnikov in a “windowless basement in the middle of nowhere” [Dodo Pizza]. Since then, Dodo has come an incredibly long way. The global brand with branches from Nigeria to the UK is the fastest-growing pizza brand in the world, and it’s doing everything differently to ensure the best possible customer experience.
According to Dodo Pizza, “Our proprietary platform R&Digital helps us carry out taste research directly in our mobile app and analyse the product in-depth: visual appearance, water content, temperature, flavour intensity, etc. We get detailed feedback on each product from real customers, and there are thousands of respondents involved. Priceless data to win people's hearts (and bellies).” If you’d like to win hearts with Dodo, you can start your own pizza franchise with the company today. A world of possibility awaits.
Start a franchise in the pizza sector with a Dodo Pizza franchise
If all that you’ve learned so far about Dodo Pizza’s journey - from a tiny business to a global brand name - has left you increasingly keen to invest, keep reading. The three questions answered below will equip you with all the knowledge and information you need in order to make a fully informed franchise investment with Dodo Pizza...
1. How do you go about starting your own Dodo Pizza shop franchise?
To find out more about Dodo Pizza, or register your interest in franchising with the brand, you can visit the dedicated Dodo Brands website’s franchising tab. Though Dodo doesn’t detail its ideal traits in a franchisee, the brand does mention its four key values - values that you should also espouse in order to work well with the pizza business: A digital-first approach, the integration of cloud computing, a commitment to radical transparency and the ability to be flexible.
2. How much do you need to invest?
In order to become a Dodo Pizza franchisee, you’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £110,000, with a £3600 store opening fee and royalties charged at a rate of 5%. This is above the average cost of starting a franchise, which was £42,200 as of 2018 [British Franchise Association], but that fact is unsurprising given that restaurant and food franchises tend to require higher investments and overheads. To give you a better sense of where Dodo Pizza fits in the wider pizza sector, here are a few more examples of investment costs:
- Caprinos Pizza - In order to become a Caprinos Pizza franchisee, you’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £85,000, with franchise fees of £5,000 and a total investment cost of £95,000.
- Snappy Tomato Pizza - In order to become a Snappy Tomato Pizza franchisee, you’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £10,000, with a total investment cost of £25,000.
- Toni Loco - In order to become a Toni Loco franchisee, you’ll need to make a minimum initial investment of £200,000.
>> Read more:
- 12 Things to Consider When Identifying the Right Location for Your Restaurant Franchise
- 3 Ways to Get Funding For Your Restaurant Franchise
- Regulations and Licences Required to Open a Restaurant
- 14 Tips for Defining and Reaching Your Restaurant's Target Customers
- Hiring Employees for Your Restaurant
- Choosing a Concept for Your Restaurant
3. What do you get for your investment?
When you become a Dodo Pizza franchisee, you’ll benefit from a hugely supportive franchise agreement and package, inclusive of comprehensive professional training, world-class support and a wealth of online franchise manuals to help you handle operations smoothly. You’ll also enjoy Dodo’s flexible supply chain and menu adaptability, alongside its central offering of a fully-integrated proprietary digital platform.
In the words of Dodo Pizza, “Every day, 50 coders work untold hours to add cool new features to the Dodo app. And not for nothing: just yesterday (February 17), it processed 155,717 orders. The app is now driving our partners’ business forward in Europe, Asia, and Africa. In Estonia, for example, the app accounts for 60% of revenue — with an average of $120K in monthly sales per unit.” Beyond the power of the app, you’ll also benefit from:
- Standout branding and modern, stylish restaurant design
- Moderate store investment and strong returns
- A competitive, highly scalable business model
- A state-of-the-art website and call centre links
- Marketing materials
- Highly effective quality control
Dodo Pizza franchise opportunities are a great way to start running your own business
Hopefully, you now know everything you need to in order to successfully invest with this company. But if a pizza your heart is still on the fence? Stay on Point Franchise and continue your research. There are plenty of innovative brands in this sector alone, with pizza franchise investment opportunities of all shapes and sizes readily available. From Mostro Pizza to Bella Italia, you’re sure to find the right fit!
Lily Sweeney, Point Franchise ©