Delicious, easy to eat, and filling, pizza is a go-to for many consumers in the UK. The tempting dish is an incredibly popular choice when it comes to eating out or getting a takeaway. Here, we look at whether The Pizza Company franchises in the UK.
Have you always fancied setting up your own pizza shop and delivering dishes to hungry customers? Joining a pizza franchise could help you do just that, with business support and the security of a tried and tested model. Let’s take a closer look at whether The Pizza Company franchises and how you can get involved.
Does The Pizza Company franchise?
The Pizza Company has a highly successful franchise model, with more than 140 company-owned branches and 80 franchisee-managed stores across the world. The network currently has outlets in Thailand, China, Cambodia, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain and Jordan.
However, there’s no information online suggesting there are any The Pizza Company franchise opportunities here in the UK. Most of the business’s outlets are based in Asia and the Middle East, so it could be a great opportunity if you’re interested in relocating or running a franchise unit remotely.
>> Read more:
- 8 Reasons Why Starting a Pizza Franchise is a Smart Business Decision
- Enjoy a slice of the action with a pizza franchise
- Pizza Restaurant Franchises: Create Your Own!
- Pizza Restaurant Franchises - How To Start Your Own
- 6 Advantages of Running an Italian Pizza Franchise
- Top 5 Pizza Delivery Franchises in the UK
History of The Pizza Company
The Pizza Company first opened its doors in Thailand in 2001. The brand was launched by The Minor Food Group, which then built on it over the years, paving the way for it to become Thailand’s top pizza chain.
Customers are spoilt for choice at The Pizza Company, as it has a lengthy menu of over 25 different pizzas. The business also has a range of ‘pizza puffs’, rice and pasta dishes, salads and side dishes, including barbeque chicken wings, chicken nuggets, garlic bread and dips. And there are even sweet treats on the menu, like ice cream and Pepsi.
The Pizza Company truly values its employees, with many taking on entry-level jobs and working their way up to senior executive roles. Regional Manager, Jiraporn Prompring says,
I am proud of The Pizza Company because the company always sees opportunities to develop its people potential by equipping them with knowledge and training courses.
Starting a The Pizza Company franchise unit
- Becoming a The Pizza Company franchisee: You’ll need to find a high-footfall location in a popular spot, such as a city centre or shopping mall.
- How much you need to invest: The cost of opening a franchise will cost the equivalent of between £15,000 and £23,000, as you’ll need to furnish a space of around 200-250 square metres.
- What you get for your investment: Potential franchisees will receive training and support. Kanjana Kongsobsin, Training Store Manager says, “Not only did The Pizza Company [teach] me to be an employee, but it also taught me to be a good business owner.”
Similar franchise opportunities in the UK
There are no The Pizza Company franchise opportunities here in the UK, but you do have the chance to invest in another thriving business. Why not consider joining Papa John’s or NKD Pizza? You can find more information about the brands and their franchisee requirements below.
With more than 30 years of experience providing quality pizzas to hungry customers, Papa John’s is one of the UK’s leading pizza franchises. Having branched into the UK in the summer of 2000, Papa John’s now has over 5,000 outlets across 45 countries and generates annual worldwide sales of more than $3 billion.
- Becoming a Papa John’s franchisee: Papa John’s is keen to encourage business-minded people across the country to open their own branch of the pizza chain, and so promotes three offers to tempt franchisees: a free oven, a royalty reduction program and targeted marketing support. These deals are on top of the six weeks of initial training provided, which involves theory and practical work.
- How much you need to invest: Potential franchisees should look to invest at least £100,000, plus £18,500 in franchisee fees. Those interested don’t need experience in the catering or food industry, but instead, an entrepreneurial mindset, people skills and an enterprising spirit.
- What you get for your investment: Papa John’s provides an intensive six-week training course for all new franchisees. It will include in-store and delivery systems, as well as all the major aspects of the business, from new products to management strategies. You’ll also be allocated a Franchise Business Manager, who will be able to offer ongoing support as your business grows.
This pizza franchise serves “healthier, tastier pizza” made with fresh, local ingredients. The business was launched in New Orleans in 2006 and is in the process of expanding across the globe. Now, it’s looking for savvy entrepreneurs who want to open a pizza business with a difference.
- Becoming an NKD Pizza franchisee: You’ll be part of the brand’s expansion scheme involving 600 new outlets across Europe, America and the Middle East. NKD Pizza is looking for both single store developers and multi-unit operators.
- How much you need to invest: It will cost between £120,000 and £200,000 to set up your NKD Pizza store.
- What you get for your investment: Franchisees get the chance to enroll onto a 20-day training course and plenty of resources to help them set up. You’ll have access to brand manuals and guidelines, an e-commerce ordering platform, order tracking software and social media accounts. You’ll also be able to rely on printable menus, flyers and other marketing materials.
>> Read more:
Join an industry with plenty of potential
Although The Pizza Company doesn’t offer franchise opportunities in the UK, there are lots of other businesses taking advantage of the high demand for ‘food to go’. People are living increasingly busy lives, and the popularity of convenient takeaway is only set to rise. Pizza is one of the key products in the ‘food to go’ sector, and businesses are unlikely to see a drop in demand in the future.
If you’d like to explore alternative investment opportunities, take a look at our complete list of pizza franchises. Alternatively, you can browse takeaway franchises looking for new investors.
Alice Tuffery, Point Franchise ©