At a time when people are spending more of their lives indoors, home renovation franchises are busier than ever. Here’s why you should consider running a franchise in the property improvement sector, and a few franchise opportunities to get you started on your research journey.
The UK home renovation market is worth an estimated £26 billion. In the last five years alone, homeowners have spent a combined total of £295 billion on improvements like kitchen renovations and garden landscaping (Homes & Property). This is not surprising, given how much these changes can boost property prices – experts say you can add up to £40,000 to your house value by renovating.
Reasons why you should consider joining a home renovation franchise
- You can choose to specialise in one area - There are plenty of sub-sectors out there, from kitchen and bathroom renovations to extensions, and upholstery services. Once you’ve mastered one, you could develop your business by branching out to provide more services.
- You’ll benefit from word-of-mouth referrals - If a customer likes what you’ve done, they’ll probably recommend your services to their friends and family. This will complement any promotional activity you do and generate even more income for you
- You’ll have a huge effect on other people’s lives - Home renovation franchises don’t just make a space more visually appealing; they can have an incredible, positive impact on the people who use it. Improvements can boost everything from your mental wellbeing and mood to your social life. At the most extreme end of the spectrum, it can help those with physical disabilities restructure their home to make it more practical for day-to-day living.
- You’ll get to flex your creative muscles - Great transformations rely not only on skill but on creativity too. You’ll get the chance to think outside the box and develop unique solutions to your customers’ problems. So, your job should never be boring.
- You’ll get to learn - As you grow your company and increase the number of services you offer, you’ll learn more about home renovation. This will make your work more interesting and allow you to develop your expertise. While some business owners might be happy to stand still, you’ll have the chance to push forward and increase your credibility and, in turn, your profitability.
House renovation franchise opportunities
1. Granite & Trend Transformations
Granite & Trend Transformations started out in Australia in 1996, when founder Colin Mackenzie discovered a thin composite tile product and decided to mass-produce it. Now, the home renovation franchise has 20 years of experience helping customers create their perfect kitchens. Every month, it works on over 8,000 projects across the world.
- Becoming a Granite & Trend Transformations franchisee: You’ll have the opportunity to expand your business to incorporate multiple revenue streams. Investors often work with bathrooms, walls, floors and cabinet refacing, as well as kitchens. Also, you’ll be able to use recycled materials, which should put you above your competitors when it comes to attracting customers.
- How much you need to invest: A Granite & Trend Transformations franchise unit will set you back around £67,000 and you can expect to see a revenue of up to £500,000 after two years.
- What you get for your investment: The Granite & Trend Transformations training scheme is divided into six modules, so the franchise team can make sure you get to grips with all the essential aspects of business management. You’ll also get ongoing support to help you develop your expertise.
>> Read more:
Santos specialises in kitchens, creating high-quality furniture to last a lifetime. The business prioritises careful design and timeless style, and has done since 1952 when it was founded. In 2001, Santos introduced its franchise model to expand internationally, and there are now over 260 showrooms worldwide.
- Becoming a Santos franchisee: You don’t need any experience in kitchen manufacturing to join this home renovation franchise. Once you’re on board, you’ll have a one-year contract with the option to extend it indefinitely. You’ll need to find a location in a high-end shopping street with a showcase of at least seven metres.
- How much you need to invest: Santos franchisees are expected to put around £300,000 into their business. The good news is there are no franchise or royalty fees, as the business uses a concession system, so most of the £300,000 will go towards launching your showroom. Also, all sales are made to order, so you won’t need a warehouse storing lots of stock.
- What you get for your investment: Investors get access to a continuous training scheme and plenty of support from the Santos franchise team. You’ll get help developing your business plan, finding a store location, designing your showroom and hiring a workforce. Santos even supervises your projects to eliminate any mistakes.
>> Read more:
- Hit The Nail On The Head With a Home Improvement Franchise
- What qualifications do you need to run a home repair business?
- Top 5 home improvement franchises
- How to start a home repair business
- Top 8 Construction Businesses in the UK
- Day in the Life: What It Takes to Run a Successful Construction Business
3. Raison Home
If you want to offer kitchen, bedroom and bathroom renovation services, Raison Home could be the franchise for you. It’s been in operation for more than 20 years, and has a network of over 110 franchisees. Last year, the business generated more than £30 million.
- Becoming a Raison Home franchisee: This home renovation franchise is looking for investors who are passionate about interior design. Successful candidates should also enjoy working with people and be able to deliver flawless customer service.
- How much you need to invest: It should cost around £40,000 to launch your Raison Home business. The investment costs are relatively low with this home improvement franchise, as you don’t need a showroom, lots of stock or a team of workers. Instead, you’ll offer exciting digital services, such as a 2D, 3D and VR design selection experience, allowing customers to see their future home before renovation work even begins.
- What you get for your investment: Raison Home supports you as you set up your business. You’ll get training and ongoing guidance, as well as access to the latest technology and European designs.
Start your own home renovation franchise unit today
We have lots more home renovation franchises on our books. Browse our full selection to see which ones would fit with your goals and lifestyle.
Alice Tuffery, Point Franchise ©