Q&A: Does Kwik Fit Franchise in the UK?
Kwik Fit is a very well known brand in the UK. If you’ve got your sights set on owning an auto repair business you might have wondered if it offers franchising opportunities. So, in the latest addition to our ‘Q&A’ series, we find out if Kwik Fit franchises in the UK.
As a leading car and automotive business, Kwik Fit is a recognised name and often a go-to for drivers in the UK and across the world. The company provides a huge range of services, from ‘fast-fit’ tyre changing and repairs to MOT testing and car servicing. It also offers many specific tasks, including air conditioning recharging, windscreen wiper replacement and brake and exhaust services. Kwik Fit’s strategies have allowed the business to become the top automotive services business in the UK, dominating 20 percent of the tyre aftermarket. But can you start a Kwik Fit franchise in the UK? Let’s find out.
>> Read more:
History of Kwik Fit franchise
The business was founded in 1971 and, therefore, benefits from almost half a century of experience in the industry. It was established with the objective of providing customers with a familiar, branded chain of automotive services businesses to stand as an alternative to the many local independent garages and dealerships across the UK.
This model has worked well and, today, Kwik Fit enjoys a customer base of just under ten million customers spread across 1,000 outlets. 800 of these are in the UK, where a fleet of 175 ‘mobile’ business vehicles provides additional services to customers at their own homes or other convenient sites.
Does Kwik Fit franchise in the UK?
Not at the moment. Kwik Fit is a franchise and it intends on becoming the biggest tyre and automotive parts repair network in the world. To realise this vision, the business will set up several ‘high-profile’ outlets across the globe, alongside a string of other centres. However, it is only looking to expand in Hungary, Spain, Italy, Portugal, and several other European locations that don’t include the UK.
How to get involved with Kwik Fit
If you’re not ruling out moving overseas to be in with a chance of running a Kwik Fit franchise, there is an incredibly attractive opportunity on offer.
Becoming a Kwik Fit franchisee
Let’s find out more about who the Kwik Fit franchise opportunity might appeal to.
- The owner of a large tyre shop who would like to develop mechanical services.
- The owner of a small or medium-sized independent store.
- A closed original equipment dealer.
- An independent investor with some automotive knowledge or experience.
- The owner of a petrol station, retail park, shopping centre or commercial park that believes that a Kwik Fit centre franchise would be a suitable add-on.
Master franchisees should be prepared to manage several stores in a given territory to rapidly expand the Kwik Fit brand. They must be highly professional, committed to the Kwik Fit concept and business model, able to deliver positive results and financial targets, and capable of responding to consumer demand.
This model is for entrepreneurs who already own an automotive business. This could be a garage or chain of garages, service centres or tyre stores. In becoming a centre franchisee, your business will become part of your local master franchisee’s network for the country and, as a result, join the brand’s international chain of Kwik Fit centres.
The automotive repair industry in the UK
To make sure that our vehicles stay in tip-top shape, the British public is prepared to spend £21 billion a year. There are also around 45,800 businesses operating in the motor vehicle maintenance and repair industry. They collectively employ over 212,580 of us (IBISWorld).
>> Read more:
Similar franchise opportunities
We have plenty of automotive franchises on our books. Here are two of our top picks.
The ChipsAway franchise specialises in SMART (small to medium area repair technology) processes. Having operated in the automotive sector for around 20 years, the franchise is now the most extensive network of car repair specialists in the UK.
- Becoming a ChipsAway franchisee: ChipsAway provides franchisees with a ‘ready-to-go’ turn-key business. As a result, this is an excellent investment opportunity if you’d like to join the automotive industry but have limited expertise. As a franchisee with this van-based business, you’ll take your mobile workshop wherever your customers are, and you can open a dedicated car care centre in the future.
- How much you need to invest: Franchisees need to raise an initial investment of £29,995, but this can be reduced to just £15,000 through various funding arrangements.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll receive training in technical skills, business management, marketing and sales, as well as ongoing support and marketing materials. You’ll also be put in touch with the UK call centre that’s open 24/7 and directs business your way when you’re not able to get to the phone. What’s more, ChipsAway guarantees that all new franchisees will be given £80,000 worth of customer enquiries in their first year of trade.
Established in 1992, Etyres was the first online tyre franchise to operate in the UK. It capitalised on a gap in the market and implemented a franchising expansion plan in 1996. Specialising in online tyre ordering and mobile fitting, this van-based franchise provides an essential service in a vast market.
- Becoming an Etyres franchisee: There are over 34 million vehicles on the road in the UK alone, so franchisees can be sure there will always be demand for their services when they join Etyres. Head to its client page to sign up.
- How much you need to invest: Starting a franchise requires a minimum initial investment of £24,000. However, up to 70 percent of this initial investment can be covered by a lending agreement with a financial institution.
- What you get for your investment: When franchisees join Etyres, they’ll receive a franchise package that includes an extensive training scheme, ongoing support, updates on product developments, equipment and guidance on how to establish the new business.
Start an auto repair franchise today
Kwik Fit is a fantastic opportunity for entrepreneurs who want to start up their own automotive services business in another European territory. However, at this time, launching a business with the brand this side of the pond isn’t possible.
As long as there are cars on the road, the services of an auto repair business will be in demand. So why not take a look at the Point Franchise directory for more information on our excellent range of automotive services franchises.
Becky Martin, Point Franchise ©
Starting a home-based business may have never crossed your mind before. But with [...]Article published on 30/09/2020 17:06
It’s been a tough time for business owners in the retail industry, but let’s look [...]Article published on 30/09/2020 12:36
At a time when people are spending more of their lives indoors, home renovation [...]Article published on 28/09/2020 11:49
In this article we shine a spotlight on the food sector and some of the top business [...]Article published on 29/09/2020 16:35
VARIOUS TOPICS – TRENDS IN FRANCHISING
If you like the idea of running your own business while helping people keep [...]Article published on 29/09/2020 10:33
START A BUSINESS
It’s very important that you choose the right legal business structure for your [...]Article published on 28/09/2020 16:00
START A BUSINESS
Want to join the most original football coaching programme in the UK? Own your own Late Birthday Project business, the UK’s fastest growing and most innovative coaching programme for children aged 5-14.
The Late Birthday Project (LBP) is an innovative and original football concept that counters the significant [...]Read more ›