Top 5 Car Cleaning Franchises in the UK
If youíre looking for an affordable franchise that provides you with a flexible and profitable business, why not consider a car cleaning franchise? Here, we take a look at why itís such a good investment and our top car cleaning franchise picks.
Car cleaning is big business. According to Datamonitor, UK car owners spend an estimated half a billion pounds a year on commercial car washing. In the past, car cleaning was a chore that thousands of households would complete every weekend. Now, it seems as though drivers would rather have someone else clean their car for them. Studies have shown that approximately 80 percent of vehicle owners would opt to have their car cleaned by a professional as it achieves a better result for a reasonable cost.
The automotive industries are among some of the best performing in the country. While vehicle manufacturing has suffered in recent years due to economic and political concerns, vehicle repair, rental, servicing and cleaning services are booming. Approximately 2.9 million vehicles were registered in 2018 Ė thatís a lot of cars that are going to need cleaning at some point. Read on to find out our top car cleaning franchises in the UK.
Reasons why starting a car cleaning franchise is a great idea
Investing in a car cleaning franchise is an excellent way to launch your own business while also receiving professional help from experienced industry experts. Below, we take a look at why a mobile car cleaning franchise is such a good investment.
1. Mobility means freedom
A mobile car cleaning franchise gives you the ability to work when you want and where you want. Essentially, it offers franchisees a more flexible professional life that allows you to determine the way in which you spend your time. The lack of a central office also boasts other benefits Ė when youíre not on the road, youíll be able to work from home. This is ideal for those who want to run a business that allows for greater freedom.
2. Make the most of low start-up costs
Due to the way in which car cleaning businesses require relatively little equipment, starting this type of franchise is remarkably affordable. Compared to other types of franchises, which can often require the investment of hundreds of thousands of pounds, car cleaning franchises can often be launched for as little as £10,000. This makes it a highly attractive and appealing investment opportunity.
3. Start a business you can grow
Car cleaning franchises are an intelligent investment because thereís considerable opportunity for growth. As with all mobile franchises, itís always possible to expand your business by adding vans to your companyís fleet of vehicles.
Top 5 car cleaning franchises in the UK
Autosmart is a franchise that sells specialised products for the maintenance and upkeep of a range of vehicles. Deodorisers, hand cleaners and paint all come under Autosmartís area of expertise.
- Becoming an Autosmart franchisee: The Autosmart business model has served the company well since 1979. It began franchising in 1999, and now has 150 franchisees across the UK. To learn more and sign up, click here.
- How much you need to invest: This is a very affordable business opportunity for prospective franchisees, who, depending on the location, could open their own Autosmart branch for just £20,000.
- What you get for your investment: Of course, Autosmart doesnít leave franchisees to work things out themselves. Training in sales and marketing is provided, and franchisees can also access ongoing support once theyíve opened their business to the public.
This franchise offers valeting and car-care products to businesses in the car washing and transportation sectors. This includes cleaning, polishing and waxing products for vehicle exteriors and interiors, as well as products to clean wheels, dashboards and leather seats.
This is a franchise that knows what itís doing. It has been in business for more than 50 years and franchising for 23. The know-how it has developed over the years has enabled it to become a member of the BFA, which means it is highly regarded by businesses and individual consumers alike.
- Becoming an Autoglym franchisee: Click here to learn more and sign up.
- How much you need to invest: Autoglym is asking for £50,000 from investors to set up their own franchise unit.
- What you get for your investment: In return, franchisees receive an extensive training course which will brief them on all key aspects of the business, including product inventory, sales, marketing, customer support and the IT system.
3. Mobile Car Valeting
The business was established in 1986 and has honed its products and services over the decades. All franchisees receive the equipment they need to start their business and are trained to complete the mobile valet service to the highest of standards. The franchise estimates that first-time franchisees can earn £30,000 within the first year and around £75,000 in the second year.
- Becoming a Mobile Car Valeting franchisee: Click here to get started.
- How much you need to invest: Approximately £14,000 is required to launch the franchise, with roughly £8,000 of this as working capital. A large portion of this can be raised via an agreement with a major lender, though some of the investment will have to come from your assets.
- What you get for your investment: Youíll have access to a comprehensive training package and receive ongoing support.
>> Read more:
- Love Cars? The Top 5 Car Franchise Opportunities
- Top 6 Automotive Franchises in the UK
- How much money can you make owning an auto repair shop?
- Automobile Franchise Businesses: An Opportunity to Take the Road to Success
- What qualifications do you need to start an automotive business?
- Automotive Product Businesses in the UK
One of the longest-running mobile valeting franchises in the UK, Autovaletdirect has been in business for more than 30 years. The BFA-accredited franchise provides franchisees scope to earn up to £1,000 a week!
- Becoming an Autovaletdirect franchisee: Franchise owners come from a wide variety of backgrounds and, therefore, Autovaletdirect creates a bespoke training programme to suit each individual franchiseeís needs. Head to the franchise section of Autovaletdirectís website to fill in a questionnaire and look at the franchise prospectus.
- How much you need to invest upfront: You can get started with as little as £9,930, but you can pay more to upgrade your valeting system.
- What you get for your investment: When you join the car wash company, you will benefit from full induction training, on-site support when you launch, 24/7 national call centre, branded workwear, a protected territory and more!
5. H20 Car Valeting
H20 Car Valeting is one of the UKís leading premium car valeting services and operates from 17 centres.
- Becoming a H20 Car Valeting franchisee: Head to its website to find out more and apply.
- What you get for your investment: A comprehensive start-up package that includes all the templates, systems and training you need to hit the ground running. Youíll also receive ongoing support and have access to an operations manual.
Start a car cleaning franchise today
An established car cleaning business can offer you a steady source of income, and the low investment costs that a mobile car cleaning franchise requires means that the opportunity is open to everyone. No specialist skills, knowledge or qualifications are needed to get started and you will have the ability to pick and choose the hours you work. This means that you can even work part-time, or operate just in the evenings and weekends, so that your business fits in with other commitments that you may have. Check out our top five car wash franchises here.
Becky Martin, Point Franchise ©
Do you want to earn a living working with children as they grow their confidence [...]Article published on 25/09/2020 16:05
If you love nothing more than a good gaming session to connect with friends or [...]Article published on 25/09/2020 07:21
Need some clarification on how your business will be impacted by the COVID-19 [...]Article published on 24/09/2020 16:00
Franchising can take away some of the stresses that come with starting your own [...]Article published on 23/09/2020 17:37
LEGAL ISSUES IN FRANCHISING
Full Circle Funerals Partners is a fast growing disrupter business that is bringing the funeral industry up to date with modern, non religious premises, genuine flexibility and staff who donít wear black!
A completely person-centred funeral service that enables people to create funerals that truly reflect the person [...]Read more ›