Are you interested in running your own windscreen repair franchise? If so, gathering as much information as you can prior to your investment will help you to put your best foot forward as a franchisee. Read on, and discover four top tips for running your franchise in this ever-expanding, highly profitable sub-sector of the automotive industry.
There are over 30 million drivers in the UK [The Insurance Factory], and at some point, many of these drivers will need windscreen maintenance. That’s built-in, recession-proof demand. You can choose the right windscreen repair franchise for you, and you can build a successful business in the car repair sector. But to do that? You’ll need to know how to run that business effectively and efficiently, once it’s up and running.
>> Read more:
Why start a windscreen repair business?
Franchising can be a good 'halfway house' between starting out from scratch and buying an existing business. If you purchase a franchise you'll still be setting up your own business, but you should benefit from the experience, resources and perhaps the name of a business that is already successful.
- Startup Donut
There are many different reasons to consider investing in a windscreen repair franchise, from the benefits of franchising (as outlined above) to the benefits of working in this highly necessary sector, providing widely utilised services. If you’re a business-minded person with a love of cars and the desire to build a franchise that can remain successful and continue to grow over a long period of time, investing with one of the top windscreen repair franchises in the UK might well be your best course of action.
4 tips for running a windshield repair franchise
Knowing that you want to start a windshield repair franchise, and understanding that your skills make you a good fit for the job, it’ll then be time to get into the specifics. What does it take to run a windscreen repair franchise well? What tips and tricks will allow you to run yours as effectively as you can? Here are Point Franchise’s four biggest tips for the successful running of your franchise...
1. Define and appeal to your target market
When you start your windshield franchise, you’ll need to define your target market and appeal directly to them. This is of crucial importance: If you don’t know who you’re actively marketing your products towards, how can you tailor your advertising to appeal to them? Defining your target market can seem like a daunting task, but with franchisor support and an entire network behind you, it won’t be. You’ll simply need to ask the following questions to narrow it down:
- What is the target market of current franchisees in my network?
- What is the target market of my franchise’s close competitors?
- Which specific people will benefit from my franchise’s services?
Once you’re confident about your target market, it’s important that you constantly consider them and cater to their needs while making decisions about your franchise. Ultimately, if your customers aren’t happy, they won’t just choose not to use your business again - they also won’t recommend you to family or friends, limiting your ability to generate referral business. The best way to cater to your market is by regularly asking for feedback and acting upon it.
>> Read more:
- Top 4 Automotive Franchises in the UK
- Top 6 Automotive Franchises in the UK
- How much money can you make owning an auto repair shop?
- Automobile Franchise Businesses: An Opportunity to Take the Road to Success
- What qualifications do you need to start an automotive business?
- Automotive Product Businesses in the UK
2. Research and implement current trends in the market
Once you become a franchisee, in order to run a successful business you will need to keep a keen eye on the current trends within the car repair market. You’ll need to keep doing your research, keeping pace with the latest industry trends and developments. Doing this will enable you to get ahead of the competition, offering services that your customers are looking for ASAP. Current trends to consider in the windscreen repair industry include:
- An improvement and increase in smart technology
- An increase in the number of businesses attending trade shows
- A shift towards what is most convenient for the customer
- A growing focus on speedy repair services
3. Invest time and money into a great marketing strategy
Marketing is a vital part of your success, and though it’s something your franchisor is likely to offer you support with, it’s still something you will need to continue to pay attention to throughout the running of your franchise. As Optic-Kleer, an example of a thriving windscreen repair franchise, puts it, “After the launch of your business, the Optic-Kleer team will continue to support you in marketing, sales, advertising, and any issue that may rise.” You’ll be supported, but the responsibility will still fall to you to ensure that you are:
- Adopting and pursuing effective marketing strategies
- Measuring the success of your marketing and adjusting accordingly
- Pushing the boat out for your customers
- Making all the content you share on your website/social platforms count
- Using your social platforms to reach new audiences and direct traffic to your website
- Creating strong, long-lasting relationships with local media
- Creating strong long-lasting relationships within your local community
4. Keep an eye on your financial situation
In order to launch a franchise, you’ll need to make a significant financial contribution. And while sourcing the cash to fund that initial franchise investment in the windscreen repair sector is crucial, the value of good financial management and the importance of the presence of enough working capital doesn’t end there. Keep an eye on your finances even years down the line to ensure that the smooth running of your business continues as it should.
A company which has ample working capital can make regular payment of salaries, wages and other day-to-day commitments which raises the morale of its employees, increases their efficiency, reduces wastages and costs and enhances production and profits. - Sanjay Kumar, Your Article Library
Become a franchisee in the windscreen repair industry today, and enjoy all the benefits of running your own business
After perusing these tips for running a windscreen repair franchise, you should have collected enough information and knowledge to feel confident making your investment in the automotive space. If you’d like to continue your research, stick around on Point Franchise. Find out how to become a windscreen repair specialist, or discover how to make a career change with a windscreen repair franchise.
Cara Squires, Point Franchise ©