The good news is that the windscreen repair sector is thriving, and if you venture into a career in franchising with a windscreen repair franchise, you’re almost certain to find financial success. But the fact that business is booming means this is a competitive industry and you’re going to have to find a way to make your franchise standout. The answer? Create a winning marketing strategy and implement it straightaway.
Following the turbulent past few years, it’s hardly surprising that many people are reconsidering their career options and getting the urge to try something new. The windscreen repair market is one that’s always been required in the UK - for as long as Brits are driving vehicles, there’s going to be a demand for excellent windscreen repair services.
If you can’t wait to start enjoying all the advantages of running your own windscreen repair franchise, something you will want to nail right from the get go is your marketing strategy for your business.
>> Read more:
The current shape of the windscreen repair industry
If you’ve been debating a career shift into the windscreen repair sector, you’ve come at the right time. It was reported by the RAC Foundation that in September 2021 there were 39.2 million licensed vehicles in the UK. A phenomenal figure, and an increase in 1% from the previous year - so this is an industry that’s continuing to grow.
Read on for a few top tips on how to market a windscreen repair business, once you’re off and running and set up with the full support of your chosen franchise. If you go into business with a winning marketing strategy behind you, you’ll make a career change with a windscreen repair service that much smoother and more enjoyable.
4 tips for marketing your windscreen repair franchise
Once you’ve done some thorough research into this thriving sector and decided which of the top windscreen repair franchises is the right one for you to invest in, the next step is to outline a strong and clear marketing plan.
1. Create and maintain a beautifully designed website to engage customers old and new
In the year 2022 - and beyond - the first place that most potential customers are going to encounter you and your business might well be online. Therefore, a professional, engaging and well-maintained website is an absolute essential for enticing new business and retaining existing customers.
Building a website for your business is essential for different reasons. Word-of-mouth is not as effective as it once was. People are less willing to discuss many of their concerns over the phone and would prefer to find the answers to their questions online. Having an easy-to-use website enables customers to find what they need without having to call someone. Creating a company website helps customers find you and handles most of the grunt work of finding new customers.
- The Entrepreneur Handbook
There are a few things a good website should have, including:
- Information about the history and location of your business
- Contact details so people can easily get in touch with you and make enquiries
- Relevant and clear images that show your business in action
- Positive testimonials from third-parties (e.g. satisfied customers) that showcase the fact that you are providing a quality service that people are happy with
- A blog section detailing any exciting things coming up with your business or recent success stories
- Information about you and any staff you might have, to personalise your business and build trust between you and your customers (both existing and potential)
- Highlight any awards and achievements your business has received
2. Build and maintain a strong following across all relevant social media channels
Establishing strong and professional social media pages should go hand in hand with having a beautiful and clear website. Your online presence has never been more vital than in today’s market, and it is subsequently the best place to implement a clear, concise and well thought-out marketing strategy.
Much like building a website, setting up social media marketing is something that your franchisor is likely to help you with. They might have existing social media pages for you to make use of, or they might provide you with training on how to set up a successful page for yourself. Either way, you should be on the pathway to social media marketing success in no time.
Learning how to become social media savvy is as important as learning how to become a windscreen repair specialist. The reason for this is reaping all the benefits of social media marketing, such as:
- Raising awareness of your business’s brand
- Driving further traffic towards your website
- Raising your profile and drawing in potential new customers
- Promoting awareness locally about the specific location of your business
- Promoting new deals or services the minute you have them to offer
>> Read more:
- What is the Marketing Fee and Why is it Necessary?
- Developing an effective franchise marketing plan
- Try Out These 8 Outside-the-Box Marketing Ideas to Grow Your Business and Engage Your Customers
- 10 Tips for Building Truly Effective Social Media Marketing Campaigns
- Franchising 101: 8 Essential Marketing Strategies for Promoting Your Business
- Franchising 101: 6 Tips for Building Customer Loyalty Through Marketing
3. Reward your customers for being loyal and encourage them to refer you to others
Incentivising your customers to refer you to others is a simple and quick way to drive new business through your existing business.
When people find a windscreen repair service they can trust, there’s very little reason for them to search for another one. As such, if you can provide a reliable and affordable service, customers will keep coming back for more. And, if you encourage them to recommend you to others with the offer of money off or other deals, you might just find that one happy customer leads to several more.
4. Use every tool your franchisor puts at your disposal to your advantage
You’re not going to know all the tricks of the trade straight off the bat, but your franchisor is here to help. They will offer training and support throughout your partnership with them.
We’ve already emphasised how important it is to build a strong website for your business. If you’re not confident in building a website yourself, hire a professional web developer. But, in many cases, getting you set up with a functioning website will be part of your franchise’s offering in return for your investment.
This, along with providing tips for building a business plan for a successful windscreen repair franchise, are all valuable things to look for when doing your research into which franchise to invest with.
Start marketing your windscreen repair franchise successfully today
Hopefully after reading this article, you feel you have what it takes to run a windscreen repair franchise. Implement the top marketing tips listed above, and you’ll be one step ahead of the competition when deciding how to start your own windscreen repair franchise.
Explore the UK franchise directory right here on Point Franchise for options within the windscreen repair sector and more.
Hannah Burnett, Point Franchise ©