There are few more exciting jobs than working as part of a dog grooming franchise. Working up close and personal with these furry friends and making a healthy profit throughout? It might sound too good to be true, but running your own dog grooming franchise could be the perfect business opportunity for you.
When you’re running your own dog grooming franchise, not only will you be working closely with your favorite furry friends, you’ll also be working in a hugely satisfying and rewarding role. Whatever you want your role to be within this exciting sector, there are lots of advantages to working as a dog groomer. Read on to see exactly what these advantages are.
Why start a dog grooming franchise in 2021?
As always, when it comes to making a career change, you will need to know enough about the services you intend to offer before getting started. So what is it about dog grooming that makes running your own franchise such an exciting opportunity?
While it might sound like a bit of a luxury, pet grooming has become a popular family expense. Particularly for a nation of dog lovers, getting the right grooming and care for our four-legged friends can be one of the number one priorities for households. This multi-billion sector is jam-packed with opportunities for the right franchisee. As far as exciting business opportunities go, this is one of the best-looking sectors around.
The top 4 advantages of running a dog grooming franchise
1. Working with pets
Let’s be frank: you’ll be working up close and personal with dogs on a daily basis. You’ll be running your own business, earning your own money and working with some of your favourite animals every single day. Given the therapeutic and financial advantages to working in this sector, it’s not hard to see why this sector is so sought after.
>> Read more:
When you’re working so closely with families and their furry friends, you’ll get to know your customers and their needs very well. Franchises that work in this sector are underpinned by repeat customers and business, much of which will be driven by the friendliness and openness of your organization.
One of the best ways to market your business to local dog owners is by being a fantastic representative of the franchise you work with. The more active you are in your community and the more you look to be an important part of the community you work in, the more you can look forward to some loyal customers.
3. Being your own boss
Running your own franchise business means that you’ll be able to look forward to all the benefits of being a business owner, while significantly reducing the costs. From extra job security to attractive financial rates, being your own boss is one of the most appealing aspects of running your own franchise business.
- Besides reaping these rewards, you’ll also be:
- Meeting new and potential customers
- Ensuring high health, safety and best practice guidelines are being followed
- Training and supporting your franchise’s new team members
- Processing invoices
- Speaking with your franchise network and franchisor as needed
4. Job diversity
Running a dog grooming franchise means that no two days will ever be the same for you. In addition to carrying out the unique caring and grooming requirements that each individual pup will need, you’ll also be meeting new people every day. This sector is diverse, varied and competitive, meaning that you’ll need to be ready to get out and face the day every day.
Nothing worth achieving ever comes easy though, so while you’ll need to be ready to be challenged everyday, you can rest assured that the rewards for going through these challenges will certainly be worth it in the long-term.
Franchising opportunities in the dog grooming sector
1. Dial a dog wash
This is one of the UK’s most loved pet grooming franchises. Specialising in dog wash services which include full clips or trims, intensive shampoo and coat conditioning, hand drying and styling, nail clipping and I.D. chipping, starting your own business with this ambitious franchise is a great way to get stuck into this busy and competitive sector.
- Becoming a Dial a dog wash franchisee: You won’t need previous business experience, or a history working with pets beforehand. As long as you have the right passion for the business, determination to succeed and commitment to building a long-term proposition.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum investment of £14,999 to get started.
What training and support is on offer: New franchisees will undergo an extensive training programme which includes topics such as intensive grooming training and marketing strategies that will cover all the bases of running your own business.
>> Read more:
- 5 Qualities of a Successful Franchisor
- 4 Things Franchisees Never Have Time for But Are Essential for Running a Successful Business
- How to Launch a Franchise and Get Noticed
- 4 Elements of a Successful Franchise
- How to Start a New Business on a Shoe-String Budget
- The Ultimate Guide to Franchising Success
OSCAR goes out of the way for the convenience of its customers, providing free, direct-to-the-door delivery of quality pet foods and accessories.
- Becoming an OSCAR franchisee: As long as you have the right personality and characteristics for running this franchise, you could be a perfect franchising candidate.
- How much you need to invest: You’ll need to make a minimum investment of £8,995 to get your own franchise business started.
- What training and support is on offer: OSCAR will provide an innovative and user friendly training package delivered by experienced mentors to help you grow all the necessary skills that you will need.
Become a dog grooming franchise today
Working this closely with pets is a dream business proposition. And while so many people can only hope to one day start their own dog and pet grooming businesses, you can make your ambition a reality with the perfect franchise.
If you think your skills might be better off somewhere else though, consult the UK franchise directory to find a complete list of franchising opportunities in other sectors.
Elliott Fudge, Point Franchise ©