In a recent blog post, the coffee van franchise shared eight of its favourite cakes to enjoy a slice of with quality coffee, heartily recommending each one to its readers.
In the words of Cafe2U, a coffee van franchise with a huge supply of caffeine expertise, “We thought it was high time someone turned the spotlight on the best cakes to enjoy with a hot drink. Luckily, we know a thing or two about coffee and the best things to enjoy with it, so we've compiled a list of the best cakes to pair with a steaming hot brew.” The list was as follows:
- Banana bread - According to Cafe2U, “Banana bread goes beautifully with a cup of coffee, with both accentuating the other’s sweetness to perfection.”
- Vanilla sponge - “Traditional and tasty, the vanilla sponge is among the most popular cakes ever created.” That “hint of vanilla” makes it an ideal option “to enjoy with a cup of coffee” (but it might be a little boring for a true sweet treat connoisseur).
- Blueberry cake - Blueberry cakes have become “increasingly popular over the last decade or so”. They’re “sweet and juicy, enhancing the natural sweetness of coffee while also offsetting its acidity”.
- Cardamom cake - Cafe2U said, “It doesn’t matter if you’ve never heard of it, you really need to try it. Cardamom has an aromatic smell and a mild, mint-like taste that works perfectly in a cake, especially one that you’re enjoying with a coffee.”
- Lemon drizzle cake - Light and tasty with a strong and exciting flavour, Cafe2U said that lemon drizzle “deserves its place on this list” because it’s “arguably the most moreish cake ever devised”.
- Madeira cake - “Another criminally underrated gem, madeira cake is a soft, buttery masterpiece. Its strength lies in its mild flavour, which enables it to enhance the taste of your favourite coffee without distracting from it.”
- Carrot cake - Described as “essentially several cakes in one”, carrot cake is perfect with coffee thanks to “the spices, especially cinnamon and ginger, which are among the most popular additions to a cup of coffee”.
- Chocolate cake - Cafe2U ended the list on this classic gem, saying, “No list of the greatest cakes to have with a coffee would be complete without chocolate cake, which combines two of the greatest pleasures known to mankind (chocolate and cake).”
You can join this well-informed coffee van company and become a Cafe2U franchisee for a minimum initial investment of £12,000, with franchise fees of £20,950 and a total investment cost of £70,900. Find out more about investing with Cafe2U via the franchise’s profile page, which you’ll discover linked above.
Lily Sweeney, Point Franchise ©