If numbers are your thing and you love putting logic into action, starting a franchise would be the perfect opportunity to make the most of your mathematical talents. Today we’re going to discuss which professional industries work best for the maths whizzes among us and take a look at our top franchise opportunities for you to invest in and expand.
Maths and business are undeniably linked - being good with numbers translates to working well with money and strategy and logic are never misplaced in a business environment. Maths also directly relates to a wealth of job prospects. Your maths skills can pave a career path spanning many industries, such as accountancy, computing, statistics, research and engineering to name a few.
And what’s more, there are plenty of franchise start up opportunities in this kind of sphere. If you’re a maths whizz who is considering getting into the franchise business, have a look at these appealing numbers and see what you think.
It’s in the numbers
- The franchise industry contributes £15 billion to the UK economy - an increase of 46 percent over the past 10 years
- Over half of franchisees are now declaring an average turnover that exceeds £250,000
- An incredible 97 percent of franchisees are running in profitability
- An impressive 91 percent of franchisees have declared satisfaction with their franchisor
- According to 2019 research based on official census data, the two-year franchise success rate is about eight percent higher than the independent business success rate.
Being able to operate under an established brand with a tried and tested business model means much of the associated risk involved in new business ownership is alleviated. And with less than one percent of franchises closing due to failure, what’s not to love?
>> Read more:
- Is the Franchising Model Right for Me?
- A basic guide to franchising
- Franchising: An Exciting Alternative To Retirement
- Who can own a franchise?
- Franchising 101: The basics
- Understanding the Foundation of Franchising
- Franchising is on the rise: here’s why
Why maths matters for franchising
Your maths skills are effortlessly translatable to the workplace and life in general. Mental arithmetic helps us think analytically and have better reasoning abilities.
Analytical thinking refers to the ability to think critically about the world around us and reasoning is our ability to think logically about a situation. Maths helps us have better problem-solving skills that are sought after in business.
The skills you use in solving a maths problem, identifying the knowns and unknowns and taking steps to solve the problem, can be a very important and useful strategy applied to other problems in life or your work.
Maths-related franchise opportunities on Point Franchise
If you’re set to turn your maths skills into profitability, here are our favourite franchise opportunities from different sectors for you to consider.
>> Read more:
- Top 10 Tips for Happy Franchisees
- Innovation in franchising
- Top tips for being a productive franchisee
- Top tips for franchisees who need to secure finance
- How to keep your employees happy: Tips for franchisees
- Top Tips on How to Become a Profitable Franchisee
SME Skills Consultancy
In the UK, consultancy services are very much in demand. More and more people are looking to develop their business skills, and consultancy franchises have responded to this increasing demand by expanding rapidly across the country.
- Becoming an SME Skills Consultancy franchisee: This business is offering passionate, business-minded people the opportunity to join them as a franchise partner. Other than a background in sales, it does not ask for any specific qualifications from its candidates.
- How much you need to invest: You’d need just a £9,500 investment to start your own SME Skills Consultancy franchise.
- What you get for your investment: The SME Skills Academy franchise programme will provide all franchisees with the skills and industry knowledge that they need to support small business growth.
Auditel is a cost management business that was established in 1994. It set out to help businesses understand the tariffs and service offerings that emerged after the utilities markets were deregulated.
- Becoming an Auditel franchisee: If you join this business, you’ll support over 3,000 large and medium-sized organisations across the UK and Ireland in more than 100 areas of business expenditure. Being able to work from home means that you can join this franchise with just a desk, a computer, a phone and access to the internet. To learn more and sign up, click here.
- How much you need to invest: A minimum investment of £20,000 and a total investment of £37,950 is required.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll get access to Auditel’s support team, a comprehensive suite of training and the chance to earn an impressive income from this flexible franchise opportunity.
The Alternative Board IT
The Alternative Board (TAB) is an exclusive, membership-based organisation that helps business leaders achieve more profitability, productivity and personal fulfilment. TAB markets its brand on a local level, focusing its marketing campaigns on the local business as well as the small and medium enterprises market.
- Becoming a TAB franchisee: You’ll give members the chance to turn to other members and their facilitator for advice on different aspects of their business, such as improving sales and performance.
- How much you need to invest: To start a TAB franchise, you will need to invest £34,000. A net worth of £232,000 and liquid capital of £54,000 is also required.
- What you get for your investment: TAB runs a 30-topic business training scheme called Master of Entrepreneurial Studies. It’ll help you with all the key areas of running a franchise unit and give you the right tools to develop it over time.
ComputerXplorers is the leading provider of technology education for children between the ages of three and 13. The goal of this exciting franchise is to deliver engaging, educational and fun classes so that children learn computer skills in an enjoyable environment.
- Becoming a ComputerXplorers franchisee: If you’re prepared to work hard, are comfortable dealing with people and have a positive mindset, you’re just the type of franchisee that ComputerXplorers is looking for. You’ll introduce young students to podcasting, digital photography, programming, robotics and the internet. Older children of school age learn programming, animation, video game design, web design, digital storytelling, coding, music technology and much more.
- How much you need to invest: The total cost of investing in a ComputerXplorers franchise is £14,950 plus VAT.
- What you get for your investment: As long as you’re prepared to follow the tried and tested franchise system that has a proven track record of success, all the other skills you’ll need will be included in the training programme.
Certax Accounting helps its customers with routine bookkeeping, accounting, auditing and company secretarial requirements. This national accounting franchise has been welcoming and training up franchisees since the turn of the millennium, so it has plenty of experience when it comes to expanding the business. Today, there are more than 100 franchisees spread across the UK.
- Becoming Certax Accounting franchisee: This franchise offers its franchisees the choice of three franchise packages: the Bookkeeping package (£9,995 franchise fee), the Full Accountants package (£21,750 franchise fee) and the Qualified Accountants package (£11,750 franchise fee). The one you choose should depend upon your level of experience and the services you intend to provide. To learn more and sign up, click here.
- How much you need to invest: You can become a Certax Accounting franchisee for a minimum investment of £11,750.
- What you get for your investment: You’ll be able to rely on expert technical support through the Certax Accounting helpline, where the team can offer up-to-date accountancy and taxation legislation, so you’re never in the dark. Also, a bi-annual seminar will offer you the chance to mingle with other Certax Accounting franchisees and engage in franchise-wide discussions.
Make the most of your maths by starting a franchise
As you can see, there are plenty of maths-related franchise opportunities to satisfy a problem-solving mind. Get in touch if you’re interested in being a maths whizz franchisee and check out our full list of franchise opportunities here.
Eve Piper, Point Franchise ©