January can be a bit of a miserable month, but there are ways to boost your mood. If you don’t like where you’re heading, now is the time to take control of your career development. Here, we look at how you can change your life by joining the franchising industry today.
The third Monday of every January is considered to be the most depressing day of the year. Christmas is well and truly over but we’re left with unpaid credit card bills and payday is still a long way off. Meanwhile, it’s cold and dark, and we’ve probably given up on most of our New Year’s resolutions.
The name ‘Blue Monday’ was coined in 2004 by psychologist Cliff Arnall. He was asked by Sky Travel’s marketing team to come up with a formula to find the day we’re most likely to book holidays to sunnier climes. But now, it’s become rooted in public consciousness as the most dismal day of the year.
Shaking up the 9-5 routine
If you’re bored with your current job, don’t despair. It could be time to re-think your career and get started on that business venture you’ve always dreamed about. The good news is, it’s easier than you might think. If you’ve been put off by high levels of risk, expensive set-up costs and long working hours, a franchise could be the perfect solution.
The franchise model gives investors the opportunity to start a business under the brand identity of an existing company. ‘Franchisees’ then pay monthly royalties to the ‘franchisor’ who owns the franchise, in exchange for training and ongoing business support.
>> Read more:
Many franchises take on franchisees who have little or no experience and offer the chance to initially pay just 30 percent of the investment cost, thanks to partnerships with lenders. Some franchises even allow investors to work part-time and/or from home.
Now that January is over and done with, let’s take a look at some of the best career development opportunities out there for those after a fresh start.
1. If you want to work from home…
If braving the commute and trudging into the office every morning is getting you down, take a look at our home-based franchises. Brokerplan is just one of these. It operates a team of finance brokers to provide online financial services such as commercial and business loans and mortgages, development funding, equity release and personal loans. As the UK’s top commercial finance network, Brokerplan works with payments of several thousand pounds up to £10 million.
- Becoming a Brokerplan franchisee: This franchise is ideal for entrepreneurs who want to keep costs down or have existing commitments, as it can be run from home. To learn more and sign up, click here.
- How much you need to invest: You should be prepared to invest at least £4,995, but larger payment options are available, rising to £29,995. As with most franchises, you’ll also pay monthly costs. These cover Financial Conduct Authority compliance, as well as website and email fees and support in marketing and business development. This is a relatively affordable franchise opportunity, especially considering that you could stand to make over £150,000 in revenue after the first two years.
- What you get for your investment: All franchisees get an extensive business launch package. This includes a two-day business training course, as well as a professional email address, business cards and important documentation.
You can find out more about working from home in our article Starting A Franchise For Every Personality Type: The Homebody.
2. If you want to be part of the next big thing…
EVA – or Esports Virtual Arenas – is a chain of virtual reality centres where gamers can take part in fun, competitive matches together. Up to 500 spectators can watch from tiered seating, while ‘shoutcasters’ commentate and live stream the game. This is a franchise at the forefront of technology and consumer trends, so it could be one to watch if you want to make history!
- Becoming an EVA franchisee: EVA is looking for entrepreneurs who want to add a VR arena to their laser tag business, bowling alley or trampoline park, or set up a dedicated VR centre from scratch. To learn more and sign up, click here.
- How much you need to invest: Franchisees need to make a minimum investment of £50,000, but there’s potential to generate £500,000 annually after the first two years.
- What you get for your investment: The franchise provides all the necessary equipment to get the business up and running. This includes all PCs, VR headsets, backpacks and other accessories – and, if they break, EVA replaces them within 72 hours. All new recruits also get training and access to an expert hotline.
3. If you want to be around animals…
Sometimes, there’s nothing better than cuddling a puppy if you’re feeling down. And you can do just that every day if you join a pet franchise. This one provides a fun place for dogs to spend time away from their homes. Its ‘creche’ model has certainly proved popular; last year, it racked up over 20,000 day visits and 3,600 overnight stays across its franchise network.
- Becoming a Canine Creche franchisee: Franchisees will be able to show customers they take safety very seriously, as the business installs viewing panels, security procedures, temperament testing and CCTV cameras throughout its franchise locations. To learn more and sign up, click here.
- How much you need to invest: To get involved, you’ll need to make a total investment of £85,000.
- What you get for your investment: Canine Creche supports its franchisees throughout the franchise agreement term, so you’ll be able to turn to the franchising team with any concerns or questions.
4. If you want to smash your fitness goals…
One of the most common New Year’s resolutions is to get fit. But if you struggle to fit your workout sessions around your job, why not start a gym? That way, you can combine the two activities while surpassing your career development goals!
9Round is a fitness franchise with a difference. It focuses on 30-minute, total-body circuit training for gymgoers who don’t have a lot of time to spare. It’s actively looking for dedicated franchisees and has 750 available territories across the globe.
- Becoming a 9Round franchisee: If you want to take advantage of 9Round’s low-cost investment opportunity and set up three sites for the amount it would take to set up one traditional gym, you can. Click here to register your interest.
- How much you need to invest: 9Round has two investment options. Being an owner-manager of one gym will cost at least £65,000, while setting up three gyms as an owner-investor requires at least £250,000.
- What you get for your investment: 9Round’s franchise team is based in South-west London and supports franchisees every step of the way. You’ll get help with site selection, staff training and marketing.
>> Read more:
5. If you want to have a rewarding job…
Many people want to have a meaningful career, and one of the best ways to make a difference is to join the healthcare industry. We’ve got a number of care franchises, but here’s more information about Kare Plus.
This franchise provides home care services to both public and private institutions like the NHS and has over 25 years of experience caring for vulnerable people. Investors who join Kare Plus will become representatives of a franchise that puts quality first.
- Becoming a Kare Plus franchisee: A background in the healthcare sector is an advantage but not essential. To learn more and sign up, click here.
- How much you need to invest: To be accepted onto the franchise programme, you need to make a minimum investment of £25,000 and a total investment of £75,000.
- What you get for your investment: Franchisees gain access to the brand logo, website and marketing material, on top of support in other areas of the business such as recruitment, accounts and compliance.
Change your life with a franchise
There is a huge variety of career development opportunities here at Point Franchise. As long as you have the ambition, we have a franchise for you. To browse our entire catalogue and take a look at our other businesses, click here.
Alice Tuffery, Point Franchise ©